Chapter 3: Crack of Dawn

Dedicated to @lizera2014. Thank you dear for the comments and support. :)

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice out of it and leave the world wandering how you did it.

At last the day had come. The day we had all been waiting for. The first day of medical college. Classes were about to start from the next day so I thought of getting some things ready for the case. I picked out my white and grey striped side bag and filled it with a notebook, my pencil bag and a bottle of water. I picked out my purple salwar-kameez, my favourite colour and set in hanging behind the door. Thank God I didn't have to go ironing it. I had the books but thinking it was the first day and mainly orientation day, I decided against taking them with me.

The night was young. My mobile showed ' 8:00 pm ' on the screen. So I took my phone and decided to go to the roof. I so hoped it was open. Through the balcony I could see the shimmering light the full moon had poured over and I could just feel her hand beckoning me to dip in her silvery goodness.

" Hey Ol- " I stopped midway when I saw Olivia shooting fire and ice daggers at me. She so hated the nickname. Now, since I planned on getting my work done, I decided to play the good girl. " -ivia! Hey buddy! Would you mind going to the roof with me? I am bored out of my wits and I know you are too. "

Olivia had been staring at her laptop and clicking random sites she found. But by the look of her dull face ( I could almost see the grey colour ) I knew she didn't find anything worth it.

Olivia's eyes widened and she let out a large gasp. She jumped up and I was ready to catch her laptop if it had decided to fly in the air. " Are you crazy? It's 8:00 pm! There could be thieves out there or worse! YOU-KNOW-THINGS-WE-DON'T-MENTION-AT-NIGHT! " she shuddered.

Olivia was such a scared cat when it came to talking about spirits. She really ought to stop listening to those radio programmes broadcasting ghost stories. She can't handle them. They set a permanent fear in her.

I began to say, " Darling, you do know it's practically flood-lighted out there by the moon-"

" Which means werewolves come out. Did you not hear 'kuwasha' the other day? How the poor woman was killed and turned to a werewolf? "

Kuwasha means ' fog ' in english. It was a radio programme broadcasted by a station every Monday. Even I heard the show every week. Momentarily it would get my nerves wrecked but the next morning I would be all good. But Olivia literally keeps on her lights the whole night. Still she will not give up hearing it. I sighed.

" Okay! Okay! I am going on my own! " I held my hands up in defeat. She pointed a purple polished finger at me, " If you die, it will not be my fault. "

" Yeah, okay, just lemme go. I have my cell."

" Amaya please!  When ' they ' come,no device ever works! How will I face yo-"

" Bye Olivia," I said as I made my way up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hummed a little tune as I made my way up. I was half expecting the door to be closed but luckily it wasn't! I hummed-

Talkin' 'bout the

Tom and Jerry kids

Gotta be there where all the action is

Tom and Jerry kids

It's the Tom and Jerry kids show.

I gasped in awe as I reached the roof. I never got this in Dhaka. Probably for all the pollution and high risers.