Chapter 22: Decision Made

But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world.

                         -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

It had been almost 9 months since I last saw my mom or my family to be precise. Homesickness was getting onto me and I talked to Olivia about it. It turned out that she was homesick too. But well, we didn't have any holidays, just the one day off per week. Even though we wanted to go home badly, we decided to wait for the month when holidays for Eid and Puja would come. I needed more than a day with my family. And hopefully then I could tell them about Sky.

I just hoped Bianca hadn't ratted out on me. I barely talked to her ever since she moved in and apart from the soup incident months ago, she never did anything. Tina and Rebecca weren't told at all because I didn't know them too well. If Bianca decided to tell them, oh well.

We went out  and Sky took me on a long drive. It was wonderful. Beyond words. We took take-aways and found a quiet place to eat. I had no idea where that was.

" So Sky, Bianca did anything? I mean told your mom or, " I trailed away.

He shook his head as he took a bite of his hamburger. After finishing it he asked, " Did she do anything to you? "

" No, " I said, " I'm fine. By the way, I'm beginning to think she doesn't do drugs anymore you know. She looks perfectly fine. I have never seen her high till now. Not that I see her much, " I shrugged taking a bite of the delicious grilled burger.

" Yeah, you may be right though, " he said opening a can of coke.

We ate in silence for some time. A question kept nudging at the back of my mind and an internal war took place. Finally my curiosity won.

" When are you going to tell your parents? " I asked slowly.

He took a deep breath and said, " I don't know. I actually have no idea how to tell them. I have never done this before. "

I shook my head in understanding. Whenever I thought of telling my family, a whole imaginative scene played on my head which consisted of them straight denying me and locking me up for the rest of my life. I sighed. Maybe that was gonna happen in reality. But I knew one thing for sure. If I had to tell anyone in my family about Sky, my aunt was gonna be the first to know. She went through the same ordeal and I knew I could trust her.

" When are you going to tell yours? " Sky asked looking at me. Our food was finished and we sat there sipping on our drinks.

" Well, maybe in a few months. I'll be visiting on holidays and I guess then. "

" Yeah, best do it face to face, " he said smiling.

" What place is this by the way? It's so pretty! " I said eagerly waiting to change the subject.

" Well it's the Golf Club. I thought you would like it. "

" I love it, " I said scooting over. He placed his arm around my waist and I lay my head on his shoulder. We sat there in silence for some time admiring the nature around us. The greenery and above all the small water way below. The sun was setting with all its wonderful colors radiating in different directions. Too bad pollution was the main reason for these. Every coin does have two sides, I thought.

The birds flew by chirping and families around us either began to head home or head down to the boats. Peace and quiet.

" How are Steve and Oliver? " I asked.

" Yeah good, at least they are together. And here I am with no bros, " he said faking a pout.

" You know you'll scare the ducks away with your pout, " I said.

" Just say you're jealous, " he said pretending to flip up his collars.

I playfully hit his arm and we laughed. I stopped to take the whole scene in. An adorable laughing Sky with a beautiful sky in the background. I crossed my fingers so that I could get more of these moments, unique wonderful moments for the rest of my life.

" I guess I will tell mom today, " he said suddenly.

" You sure?

" Positively, " he said giving my hand a little squeeze.

Well then, I took a deep breath, gonna need to brace myself. I prayed hard that everything goes smoothly.

Help me God.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Late and short update. I'm really sorry. I was tensed up about my results but by God's grace it turned out awesome! (ノ´ー')ノ

Next chapter will be up in a few days hopefully. Well, that's it. Ciao!