Chapter 35: You And Me

This is one of my most favorite chapters so far in this book ( wow, look at me praising myself XD)

And I dedicate this chapter to my wonderful cover artist  mysterious_me97

This cover is better than I had ever hoped for. Thank you for such an amazing cover for such a humble book. x

I ask you to pass through life at my side-to be my second self, and best earthly companion.

-Charlotte Brontë

I was about to open the door and get in. I was shocked when I saw Steve. What was he doing here?

" Steve? " I asked.

" Hey Sil! Long time no see, eh? " he said laughing.

" Uh, yeah. But I thought Sky was coming, " I trailed off. I was pretty sure it was his car.

" Oh well, thought to help him out a bit, " he said grinning. " Get in the back, I'll take you to your destination. "

The sentence was creepy, no doubt but I shrugged it off. Because I knew Steve couldn't even hurt a fly, let alone hurt his bro's girl.

I got in and found a box in the seat with an envelope attached to it. I frowned and opened the envelope. It was dark inside the car so I swtiched on my phone's torch to find what was inside. And inside the white envelope was a piece of paper. I smiled and read it.

If you're reading this, it means that you've found the box. Open it and make sure you make good use of it. I'll see you. Loads of hugs and kisses.

The grin in my face grew wider. I opened the box and gasped. Inside it was a red chiffon dress with a strap over one shoulder. I took it out a bit and saw light glimmer on the clothe. I inspected it further and saw that those were designs; carefully made designs. It was perfect. I always dreamed of having a chiffon evening dress and there it was.

I folded it back and kept it in the box. When I was about to close the lid, I found yet another envelope attached to it.

Did you like it? I hope you did. And I hope it will fit. Millions of love and hugs.

As soon as I closed the box, the car halted. I looked up to see the very familiar house of Sky.

" Your apartment, Amaya," Steve said.

" But there are students there right? "

" My orders, " he shrugged and gave me a warm smile. " Go, he's waiting, " he whispered.

I bit my lip and nodded my head before thanking him and getting out with the things.

I opened the gate and found a girl sitting there. She got up as soon as she saw me and ran towards me. " Amaya, " she said breathlessly before hugging me sideways.

" Annelise, " I said before planting a kiss on her forehead. She had grown into a wonderful girl and I missed not seeing her the past year.

" Come on, " she said before pulling me towards the building. She escorted me up to my once-upon-a-time apartment and after pecking me on the cheeks, she went down.

Hmm, I thought, maybe the door is open. I turned the knob and opened the door, gasping yet again. The veranda was lined with oil-lamps, giving it a mysterious glow. I always loved this arrangement. We used to do it back home every Diwali. I followed the trail of the lamps to see it end in my once-upon-a-time room. I got in and flicked on the lights. There was a single red rose lying on the bed side table with another envelope. I kept the box and went over, opening the note.