Chapter 21: Amaya's Secret

And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

                              -Roald Dahl

Amaya's POV

I saw Sky looking at me expectantly. I didn't want our relation to have any secrets so the first step was for me to let out my own dark thoughts. He needed to know them before confessing our committing to me, to us.

I took a deep breath and said, " You have every right to judge me after what I am about to say to you. I won't mind. "

He said nothing and kept on starting at me with those  hypnotic eyes. I sighed gathering my thoughts.

" I was never close to my father. I had always heard that daughters tend to grow close to their fathers compared to their mothers. But for some reason I never found that sort or willingness in him. From a young age, I had felt that.

When I grew a little I felt that maybe I was not giving him a chance. Maybe if I take a step we can have a normal father-daughter relation. Like my uncle. He loves his kids so much that Sky, I can't even tell you. And the way he looks at his daughter, that tender love and pride, my-my heart ached to have that. I never sorta felt or saw even half of those in my father's eyes.

So anyways, I was sorta shy and didn't know what to do. So I was like playing with his phone one day, and I-I stumbled across something I shouldn't have. "

My throat ached due to the pain of sob I was holding back but my eyes let them out. Sky came closer and took my hands in his, urging me to carry on.

" I-I s-saw that he was having an af-affair with someone else. Some other woman. I was like so mad at that time that I felt like my whole life was a lie. My mom was being betrayed. I was in Class 8 when I found it out. I couldn't tell my mom because I was afraid what might happen. So I kept the secret to myself and told no one. Nobody knows this Sky. Except you and my aunt, the aunt I had once told you about. "

He nodded in understanding and I looked away from him, unable to meet his eyes.

" Anyways, hatred had grown in my mind since then, particle by particle. Soon I was loathing the man's very existence in the house but I was bounded. As I said I was under-confident and the thought of my mom going through sufferings and social humility held me back. As the days passed by I got through Classes nine, ten, eleven and twelve. These four years I found nothing new against him. And you know I would always look for that woman in any group picture so that I could know who she was. But unfortunately I couldn't. But as Class twelve about to end- "

My sobs broke through the barrier and I inhaled deeply. I covered my face with my palms and sobbed loudly. The thought that someone might here me didn't cross my mind at all. Sky pulled me in and began to stroke my hair. I clutched on to him, because maybe this was the last time I could. I could have hidden the fact and continued my relation with him, but I didn't want lies to be the base.

I managed to slow down a bit and continued, " There was like two months left before my high school life's official ending. Sorta after I had managed to recover from Niall's transition. I had to use his phone to call my tutor as I was out of balance. There on his phone was an email from a freaking married woman, " I said with vile, " That if they wanted to have, well, you know, a ' meet up ' , then my father should call her in the number. She even warned him not to mail her because her husband checks her mails. "

I took a deep breath and sighed. " I felt pity for that man. Even his wife was cheating him. How can someone just disregard and dishonor their marriage like that? Don't the vows mean anything? Don't the feelings of their spouse mean anything to them? I mean- "

I was cut off by Sky leaning down and kissing me. I was caught off guard but went on with him. His kiss was warm and soothing, washing away all my thoughts. We pulled back, both of us out of breath.

" That's why I love you Amaya, " he said within breaths. He searched my eyes and continued, " Because you're different. If there had been anyone else, they wouldn't have thought so deeply about so many possibilities. Some might have. And you are one of them.

To you, your family and the ones you love mean more to you than your own heart ache. This shows that you have a heart of gold. How could you ever think what you father did would affect my feelings for you? You are not him. You are you. Amaya.  My love. "

He placed my hands on his heart and said, " The girl who has captured my heart and has kept it so well, healed it so well, how can I ever judge her because of her father? Cheating is not an option, it's a choice your father made. But a choice I know you will never make.

I trust you. With my life. And I am going to tell this again Amaya, I love you. I love you for who you are, I love you for the moments you gave me. I love you for the laughs we shared. Mostly, I love you for you. For the wonderful princess you are. And a that you said about people you confess your love to always leaving you, well, exceptions occur and I am one of them. Soon, " he said softly, " Our children will be those exceptions too. "

Tears flowed down freely as Sky's words sunk in. My face heated up when he mentioned ' children ' but somehow I knew he meant it. That he meant every word. My breathing became ragged due to my emotional outburst and I said, " Sky, I love you too. "

" I knew that, " he said with a smirk, " Just wanted to hear it from you. "

I laughed softly as he rested his forehead against mine. The wind blew past us carrying scents of various flowers planted there.

" I want you for the rest of my life Amaya, " Sky said softly, " God knows how much I need you. "

" And I you, " I said with a smile making him smile in return. Those dimples making him look adorable again.

" Okay, " we snapped back as we heard the voice and my blood ran cold. Bianca was standing there with her arms crossed and eye-brows shot up.

" B-Bianca, I-I- " I was unable to finish the sentence.

" It was getting late and dinner time was here so since it was my turn today I thought of calling you. Well, I didn't expect that, " she said with a smirk.

" Come down soon, " she waved and went away.

" Sky, " I said gripping his shirt, " What now? "

" Now nothing dear, " he said. " Even if she tells my parents, I will tell them before her. Don't worry. "

The thought of my mom knowing all these scared me. Her reputation and social image would be in stake if everyone came to know about my relation with a boy of another religion. Though her own sister had undergone an inter-religion marriage, I knew my mom would never take my one easily.

" My mom, " I mumbled.

" We'll meet her, " Sky said taking my hand. " Don't worry about the thing which hasn't yet occurred. "

Something in his time made me relaxed and I smiled.

" I love you to the stars, " I said.

" I love you to the stars and back, " he replied lightly kissing my forehead.

We were gonna be fine, I thought.

We would make it.

And Bianca was not going to ruin it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Did she tell on you? "

I took a deep breath and let it out. " No, she did something more. Something much worse. "