Chapter 4: Is he for real?

Comedy is a tragedy that happens to other people.

- Angela Carter

The alarm in my phone went off, signaturing the advent of new step of my life. First day of medical college. After drifting in and out of dreams the whole night I made my way to the washroom. I brushed, bathed and went to the table to get myself breakfast.

Making buttered toast and milk, I noticed Tina as I sat down to eat.

" Hey, good morning, " she greeted in a sleepy voice. Their classes don't start till next week. Lucky them.

" Morning , " I replied taking a bite of my toast.

I am so bad at remembering people probably because I don't notice them all too much. Today, I noticed Tina. She had a shorter frame but was pretty. Her black silky hair reached mid-waist in the braided condition. She had piercing hazel eyes and her eyelashes were so perfectly curved! Her skin the color of milk and honey, flawless.

We chatted a bit, as I said, I can be really unsocial. She talked about her home and family as she scrambled an egg. We went silent and I felt maybe I should talk.

" You should go up to the roof sometimes, " I said. " There are so many pretty flowers there. "

" I'm sorta allergic to flowers, you know, pollens and all, " she quietly said.

Poor girl. Missing out so much.

I heard shuffling and saw Olivia. " Hurry up, Olivia. We will be late, " I said.

She nodded and made her breakfast of buttered toast and orange juice.

I dressed up and lightly clipped my wet hair. Olivia was ready in her yellow salwar kameez and we headed out.

" God, I am so nervous, " she said.

" The I-am-always-cool Olivia nervous? " I gasped.

She glared at me making me laugh.

Well, who wouldn't be nervous?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~x~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first day was, as I said, not interesting. We were ushered from one class to another which was completely new to me. Made some acquaintances but I was dying to get home. By the time we were back, it was lunch time. So Olivia thought best to take the food up on the way. We took the food but I didn't see Sky. Maybe he was out.

Olivia made her way to the door and I stood on their corridor looking at a family picture. Clad in a blue and white stripe shirt and white shorts, the young beaming child sat in between his smiling parents, hinting at their pride over the treasure they found. A mischievous treasure.

And that's when it happened. Sky was standing in front of me in only a pair of red baggy three quarter pants. My eyes went wide. Wow, he had a bod worth looking. Goodness, what was I saying! I looked down and Sky rushed to his room locking it. The images kept playing in my mind. He had abs. HE FREAKING HAD ABS!!!!! And his muscles were so...... Oh God! Blood rushed to my face and I ran out of the house.

" Where were you, Amaya? And why are you all red? " Olivia asked once I was up.

" Ugh, distracted. Here, " I said placing the food. " Be back. "

I rushed to my room and locked it.

" AMAYA! " Olivia screamed. " Let me in! That's my room too! "

But I still kept it locked. And then it happened. I laughed out loud. Was he for real?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~x~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~