Chapter 18: First Date, First Kiss

"If you think there are no new frontiers, watch a boy ring the front doorbell on his first date."

- Olin Miller

"Did you love him straight away? "

" Yes, I did, " I sighed. " But took me quite some time to deeply realise it. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So the weekend was my official date with Sky. I didn't think of our meetings as dates, they were more of hangouts. Well according to me.

" Do you think this will be nice? " I asked Olivia holding up a red salwar kameez. It was a net dress with a red lining inside. Rose patterns were made on specific places.

" Or this one? " I asked holding up a plane blue frock salwar kameez.

Olivia looked at those and shook her head.

" None, here, " she said holding up a purple dress for me, " Wear this. "

" But I like red or blue! " I argued.

" But purple likes you! " she said mimicking me.

I huffed and put the dresses back in place.

And finally, after satisfying Olivia with my looks, I waited for the bell to ring.

And after what seemed like ages to me, it rang. I skipped and opened the door to reveal Sky clad in a white T-shirt and jeans. His hair was in a mess, an adorable mess and his eyes; sparkling as always.

" Ready so soon? "

" You betcha, " I replied and watched Olivia come towards us.

" Have fun you too, " she said, " And behave. "

" Olivia! " I scream-whispered and she winked laughing. I shook my head and took Sky's extended hand. Oh I hoped it would be a memorable one.

We went down and Sky opened the garage to reveal an Axio 2010.

" You have a license? " I asked with suspicion.

He took out the card and waved it at me. I laughed and got in.

" Since when do you drive? "

" Since I was illegal to get mg license, " he laughed. " I just got it last year and don't worry, I know how to handle my babe. "

" Wow, you guys and cars, " I commented shaking my head.

" Do I smell a hint of jealousy? "

" Absolutely not! "

He laughed and we headed out. Soon we came to an open road and I let the window down to feel the wind in my hair. I could feel him eyeing me from time to time.

" You know, I wouldn't wanna die on my first date. "

" Till now I had only seen in movies where girls readily let the wind toss their hair and make it a mess. "

" Ow, " I said and began rolling the window up.

" Hey, why did you do that for? " Sky asked.

" You said my hair was getting into a mess. So I figured you don't like messy hairs and all, " I said quietly looking away.

He rolled the window down and I looked at him surprised. " You look beautiful in that Amaya, " Sky said softly.

I smiled and let the wind play again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" What is this place? " I asked in awe. The waves crashed before me as I sat on the concrete wall.