Chapter 28: Bianca Strikes

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.

-Albert Camus

Sky was beyond happy when he learned that my aunt had accepted us and was ready to do anything needed in the future. Disha promised to come meet Sky once. It was all too perfect.

The holidays were fantastic. The Durga Puja was fun as I remained elated most of the time. I thanked God from time to time that He was so merciful. The remaining holiday went by quickly. Movie was a must. I shopped new things and managed to buy a little something for Sky too. Well, with Disha that is.

On my way back, Olivia couldn't stop blabbering about what she had done home. How she shopped everyday, how she slept like a baby till noon everyday, how she did this. How she did that. I was wondering whether she would get to the part of ' How she pooped '.

And well, I told her about Disha and squealing, she jumped on me. Nearly cutting off my air circulation. Just when I thought it was the end for me, she let go and I inhaled a huge amount or air.

Wow, the homely environment had done so much to her.

And the rest of the journey I thought about this and that and smiled to myself. We were in a night coach this time with bunk beds. Olivia

was sound asleep but I wasn't. I mean it was crazy! I was too tensed- I could not sleep. I was elated- I couldn't sleep. I wondered what was happening back there. Tina, Rebecca and Bianca stayed back. They would be going on Thanksgiving and later for Christmas. So would Olivia. I didn't know what I would do yet then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The months passed by soon. Disha did come to meet Sky one day. She always had time for me. And what I understood was that she liked him very much. We spent the day together visiting this place and that.

And at the end of the day when she was heading home, as we dropped her off at the airport, she hugged me and whispered, " Don't let him go. " And you have no idea what those four words meant to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I decided to stay home during Christmas and catch up on all the subjects I was lagging behind. My mom wanted to come but I refused and said I would he fine. After all, a few years later I would have to walk on my own. It took a lot of managing but finally she agreed. And most importantly, Sky was there. They were going to go to Cox's Bazar for the day and well, Bianca was staying back too. She was not going back with them. And for the day, we were told to take care of everything. We would have an extra helping hand- a friend of Aunty. Apparently she was free and since she was a single woman, she was more than happy to stay there with us. I was terrified at the thought of Bianca staying over but since she had done nothing the past year, I felt there was nothing to be worried about.

My phone beeped-

Come up. Wanna say bye. ;)

I smiled and made my way up expecting to see Sky clad in his hoodie and jeans. I played the scene in my head.

" Come with us baby. Please? " Sky would say pouting.

" And will you finish all my work? " I would laugh.

" It's just one day. I can't wait to spend New Year with you. "

Then the car would beep signalling Sky to get down. He would groan and hug me, making me feel warm and never wanting to let go.

I laughed to myself as I played the scene and looked ahead reaching the roof. What I saw was Bianca. Her back was facing me as she leaned over to see something.

I heard the engine of a car starting and Bianca waved. I was about to run over and wave Sky good bye as well when I felt a pair of hands lock my arms behind me. I tried to free myself and turned to see who the person was. But I couldn't as the person had my arms locked from near the socket.

" Let go of me, " I thrashed but the person was stronger than me. This time Bianca turned and the look on her face drained all the blood from my face. Her eyes were glittering with evil. No no no, I thought, I must be dreaming.

I thrashed more but the hands were so strong that it pained me every time. Tears began to fall from my eyes unwillingly as Bianca made her way towards me. She grabbed my chin and harshly pulled it up making me whince. I thought my neck would snap. I looked at her dark eyes, the need for vengeance so strong that it made me cower under them.

" Where is the brave Amaya now? " she smirked.

" Let me go Bianca, " I said.

" Oh no! " she said clapping her hands, " I have been waiting for this opportunity since the day I stepped in this house. And finally! I got it! "

I was so wrong to think that she was better. That she had changed for good. I mentally cursed myself for that.

" And now, I am going to make you suffer! Oh the joy! " she said laughing.

I stared at the ground in disbelief. Did that mean sue was still a drug addict?

" Leave me Bianca! That woman will come and will know everything about this. "

" Oh really? How could you even think I am such an amateur player? She doesn't some till the afternoon. Till then and for the rest of the day, " she paused and brought her face near me, her eyes piercing mine, " You're mine to deal with. "

As soon as she said this, I felt something on my nose which made my head whir all around. My vision was getting hazy and all I remembered last was Bianca's smirk. And then I emerged into darkness.