Chapter Five

Lara's POV:

Lara's POV:

"I'm still not over the fact that Tom managed to break his nose a second time. Aquele garoto... (That boy...)" My mum mumbles as she shakes her head, while doing a Facetime with me. I'm sitting on the sofa of the house that Harrison, Tom and I were still sharing for Tom's Chaos Walking shooting.

While I speak to my mum, who is also in the living room like I am, I could still listen the clinking of kitchen utensils far away, as my father made dinner. Yes, that's right, my dad is the good cook of the family. At least for meals, that is. My mother wasn't bad at cooking either, but her speciality was really in her desserts.

I could feel my mouth watering as I thought of brigadeiro, a typically brazillian sweet. My favorite of all time.

I hear steps of someone entering the living room through the door not far behind me, and just as the sounds comes to halt I hear Tom say, "Wait, are you facetiming tia Nat?" He asks with enthusiasm clear in his voice. I look backwards just in time to see Tom jumping right from behind the couch and landing on the empty spot beside me."Oi! (Hi!) How has my second mãe (mum) been doing?" He beams.

Since the day Tom came to my house for the very first time when we were little, he couldn't stop shooting at my parents questions about Brazil and how to say certain words in portuguese. Turns out he put a lot of effort into learning, and nowadays he knew the language really well, just as he knew lot about my birth town too, Rio de Janeiro. When he talks to my parents and sister in particular, he tries as much as he can to add in portuguese to the conversation.

I remember when Tom asked my mum the first time what to call her, and she said answered by her first name Natália, or just Nat, her nickname. The thing is, in Rio at least, kids call adults (like a friend's parent for example) tia/tio. Which was weird, considering the word meant literally aunt/uncle. But that's what happens, and when Tom found this out, he started calling my mum and dad tia Nat and tio Beto, respectively.

With Tom having to nearly push me out of the camera's range in order to appear, I place my laptop down on the centre table while my mum laughs lightly at Tom's enthusiasm, and I incline the camera so that it was pointed at our faces and both of us appeared comfortably.

"I'm good, thank you Tom. How is your nose?" She asks half worried and half teasing. Her accent was very apparent in her words, since she only started to really speak english when we moved. My father, on the other hand, has always known how to speak English well, so there was basically no accent in his speaking at all.

Tom huffs. "Ugh so you heard about it.... Yeah it's recovered already, thanks."

Suddenly we hear loud stomps, and I recognized the sound being of the loud sound the wooden steps of my childhood house made as someone went hurriedly down the steps.