Chapter Sixteen

Lara's POV:

Lara's POV:

The new year came, and I spent the first few weeks distributing my time between my family, friends, and Shawn. He was constantly in and out of the studio, as he said that he had too many good ideas for songs that he had to immediately write. My days were covered with varied activities: I went ice skating with Isabella, Charlotte and the boys, went to watch a Broadway show with my parents, walked with Shawn around the area I grew up in and even spent an afternoon playing Mario Kart with Haz and Tom. I felt glad to have these few weeks without my schedule completely filled, but I knew it was the small calm before the storm that this new year brewed already. The movie would be finished and come out, and I couldn't be more excited and nervous at the same time.

On my way to going back to LA to do the second round of film shootings for the Shatter Me movie, Shawn and I went together to New York first. I had two more days left, and so I had enough time to go to Shawn's show and spend some more time with him before we saw each other only god knows when.

As I entered backstage with Shawn and followed him through the maze of corridors, I couldn't really believe my own eyes. My younger self who would watch his covers would have never dreamt that one day I'd be dating him, and walking backstage and seeing the grandiosity of the production. I was so proud of how far he came and awestruck- I really had to control myself from having a fangirl attack.

Watching Shawn soundcheck got me so excited, anticipating the show. It was a pity that I had to leave in the middle of it, as Angela wanted to have a facetime meeting with me, and so I went to Shawn's dressing room for some peace and quiet. I wasn't too disappointed, however- I was certain that whatever other songs he sound checked for I would experience in the show later.

Finally, the time for the show came, and I entered the small area between the B stage and the audience, where only staff and security were allowed. I had an amazing view of both stages and got plenty of space to let my inner fangirl go wild. Some fans spotted me, and all the ones that approached me nice and eager to meet me. I took selfies with them, and we chatted until the lights went off completely, making them usher to their seats in the midst of the hysterical screams of the fans. I couldn't help but scream along. I was so happy to be there. The atmosphere of Shawn's shows was like no other, it sheltered everyone with music and lights and excitement from the struggles of everyday life.

I was having an ultimate blast. I danced and sang along and swooned and it was so addicting, I never wanted to leave this. It was such a wonderful feeling, just letting loose to the sound of your favourite music surrounded by people who love that music as well. For a moment I wished Tom and Haz were there too, we had such a good time on my birthday, I wanted it again.

Everything was going as expected, all songs were in the same order as last time, except for a moment in Stage B where the instrumental transition became one I was not familiar with. I looked at Shawn with an expression that hopefully would show my confusion, but he did not look over.