Chapter Eight

I said I was back!
For those readers of both torn and Misplaced, I will stop misplaced until Im done with this one bc it has a smaller plot and for me not to forget it again oops 😬
This is not edited and its nearly 2am so if there is anything odd with my writing im sorry!
Enjoy!
Xxx,
Sara
...............................................

I said I was back!For those readers of both torn and Misplaced, I will stop misplaced until Im done with this one bc it has a smaller plot and for me not to forget it again oops 😬  This is not edited and its nearly 2am so if there is anything odd...

Lara's POV:

After "The Impossible" was out, when he was 16 and I was 15, Tom and I both got in into the School for Performing Arts and Technology. Although we are a year apart, I had started school too early, so Tom and I were in the same year group. That was also where we met Harrison, and us three, together with some other boys we made friendships with, were the ones I hanged out the most with.

My whole life, although I made solid friendships with a few girls here and there, I never managed to have other girl friends. When I got into the school, I allowed myself to try once more, but I just... didn't connect.

I'm sure it wasn't all of them, but all girls I ended up talking to were too superficial, maybe because of everyone having the dream of making into Hollywood's A-list. It was hard as a young girl dreaming to be an actress to watch interviews of women celebrities being asked majorly about their clothes and love life, and not realize that what should matter is our talent. When I struggled with this, my mother really helped me figure that out, so although there were always struggles, I could mostly snap out of it and focus on what is most important.

But the girls I spoke to cared too much about popularity and always talked bad about each other behind each other's backs, as if it made them look better themselves. That girl they put down many times happened to be me. If they wouldn't pick apart something about my appearance, they would single me out on the fact I wasn't British.

Whenever I'd mention something from Brazil? They liked to point out the "weirdness" of it, as if there were only one right way to do things, and their's was the right one. Whoever did it different was weird. It was one of the few times in life I didn't feel like I belonged in the country I lived in for most of my life. I really did try talking with girls out of my classes or even my year, but the school didn't have a big student body, and so it was easy to quickly dismiss them all.

Naturally, I was always around boys. With Tom as my best friend and my new found closeness with Haz, I was part of their friend group, and no matter how gross teenage boys can be at times - and yes they could be superficial too, a lot more than the other girls sometimes - the ones I hang out with made me feel 100 times more comfortable with them rather than with those girls.

Unfortunately, my quick dismissal of the girls did not come without them wanting payback.

Rumors that I was a sleeping with nearly the entire male student population, which in their minds explained why I was always around boys, spread like wildfire. I wasn't bothered at all by that allegation- even if I was, it was none of their business who I kiss or date or sleep with (even though I had done none of that, not even kiss.) But unfortunately that was not the mindset of a horrifying proportion of the girls in our year, and being called slut at least once a day began to be the normal.