Chapter Twenty-Two

Just a lil warning that this is completely unedited. I really wanted to have this out to you guys. Also it's a little bit on the short side but it's what I had planned for this chapter.
Xxx,
Sara

Lara's POV:

Lara's POV:

I wake up, disoriented, and find myself surprised that I'm holding on so hard to Tom. The events of the previous day quickly come back at me, and so does the weight of it. Tom is still sleeping, and I try hard not to make any sort of movement that will wake him up. Sleeping, he is at peace, the grieve hopefully won't follow him into his dreams. And I didn't want to leave him. I don't want him to wake up and feel like I left him all alone.

I manage to shift my head just enough that I can see the digital clock, and I see that it is 11:34 AM already. I return my head to a comfortable position, and I lie down there, thinking about what should be done today.

Around 15 minutes later, I feel Tom shifting, and he speaks with his sleepy, raspy voice from all the crying. "Thank you for staying, Lara." He says. Neither of us moves, our arms still wrapped around each other.

"Don't thank me. I just want to... make it a little less bad." There's a silence, Tom collecting his thoughts. "How are you feeling?" I ask cautiously.

Tom sighs. "I'm... breathing." My heart weighs at his words.

"I think we shouldn't stay around here. This house may bring too many memories, it's too fresh. How about we go over to your house. I mean, if you want me to. I still suggest you go there, either way, I'll take you there."

I feel Tom's head shake. "Please do come with me."

I smile just the tiniest of bits, feeling a little bit relieved that my presence was doing something. "I will stay by your side for as long as you want and need me to." There's yet another pondering silence, neither of us wanting to move. "You should eat something, Tom. You haven't eaten in a while."

"I'm not hungry." His weak voice answers. I sigh.

"Let's do it like this. You go take a shower and change- I'll prepare you some food. If you want me to stay with you for a while I need to get stuff at my house, so while you eat I'll quickly go there. Do you think that's a deal?"

Tom takes some moments to respond. "I... really don't want to face them yet." His family, that's who he means.

"How about I bring the food here?" Tom takes a while, but eventually, he nods. With no more words, he lazily untangles himself from me and slowly trudges over straight to the bathroom linked to his room. I realize he forgot to get clothes, so I open the drawer and separate something for him. I leave it on the bed and head out of the room.

After quickly stopping by the guest bathroom and freshening myself up, I walk over to the kitchen. I find Nikki there, making some tea. As soon as she sees me, she turns her focus to me, and asks, "How is he doing?"