Chapter Thirteen

I know it was a smaller chapter than usual, but I have planned plotwise each chapter and this was for this chapter! probably this will be compensated on other plot denser chapter. Enjoy!
xx
..................................................

Lara's POV:

Lara's POV:

It was that time of the year when Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas" was constantly stuck on your mind, and if it was not, it would be soon.

Humming and with a smile on my face, I searched my house for my boots, ready to leave and meet the boys. Christmas was probably my favourite holiday. I simply loved the cold, the decorations, the lights. The celebrations with loved ones, the gift exchanging, the food! Merriness surrounded us and I just loved that feeling.

Many may consider this the worst part of Christmas, but Christmas shopping was one of my favourite things. I loved buying others that one, perfect, gift- I liked it more than receiving the gifts myself.

My family, Tom's family and Harrison's family all had our combined traditions, which made Christmas so much better. When Tom and I became so close, our families followed suit, and we decided to spend Christmas together. But then we also realized that we had different traditions because of our different cultures, so we mixed them all. In Brazil, Christmas is celebrated on Christmas Eve, while gifts are exchanged at midnight. On the actual Christmas day, there is a lunch, but the big celebration is really on the eve. Meanwhile, Tom and his family were used to opening gifts on the actual Christmas day, and celebrating it on the 25th.

So every year, we always did the following: on the Eve, my parents would host a dinner at our home, and Tom's family would join us, and we'd all exchange gifts at midnight. Then on the following day, Tom's parents would host at their home the Christmas lunch, and my family was invited. As years went by this scheme was kept, and so it became a tradition. When Harrison became close to us too, he, his sister and his parents would come to my house too. But then on the following day, their parents always hosted a big feast for all branches of his family, so he never got to come to Holland's. However, if Tom and I would not have fallen asleep from all the food, we would hop by Haz's place, where we were warmly welcomed.

As if these weren't enough traditions, there was still another one. On the contrary to me, Tom and Haz always struggled with buying gifts, and so they liked my help. So we always went out a week before Christmas to buy the gifts we hadn't bought yet at Oxford Street, arriving early at 10 am and leaving (or at least trying to) just before rush hour. By then, the sun would have set, and we'd experience the Christmas decorations and lights in their full glory.

I leave my house and drive to Tom's, and text him that I had arrived. I already predicted that I'd have to pull him out of bed, but I hoped not every year, so I gave it ten minutes. No living sign from him, I fetched my copy of the keys to his house, entered his bedroom, pulled his covers apart and warned him that we'd leave in 10 minutes. Zombie-like, he trudged into his closet and got changed, while I made him some breakfast.