Chapter Fifteen

Shawn's POV:

Shawn's POV:

It was a few days close to New Year's Eve, and with my stay in London, Lara and I decided to go out together. And we ended up agreeing to go to a club.

It was a fancy place, with a specific VIP queue and then a closed off floor, which made me feel relieved, as I wouldn't have the pressure of paparazzi watching my clumsy dancing. Lara and I went straight to the bar, ready to get some alcohol in our systems and get rid of any inhibition from having fun. As Lara leaned over on the counter to ask for shots, I couldn't help but trail my eyes along her body. The view took my breath away: she was wearing a short, tight dark green dress that hugged her body in all the right places, enhancing all her beautiful curves. Her hair was loose, letting her waves fall down her back. The colour of her dress brought out the colour of her hazel eyes, turning them all so much seducing than they already were.

"I said it once and I'll say it again, you look so damn hot," I say, bringing my lips close to her ear. A smile breaks onto her face, and she looks down in embarrassment.

When Lara suggested coming to this club, I admit I was a little nervous. Lara already knew I was a terrible dancer, but the fact that now we were in a public space, got me scared that she would be embarrassed about myself. But none of this was in my mind after a couple of drinks. The night was young and Lara and I were completely swept by each other and the music. We drank, we flirted, we danced, we made out, we drank. Lara's body dancing so close to mine was intoxicating, and I couldn't get enough of this.

Until, my phone rang with an alarm, and I realized it was time for me to cut back on the drinking. I was going to drive us home, and I didn't want to risk driving too drunk. On the next round of shots that Lara asked for, I didn't join, and asked for some food and water instead, to start sobering up. Lara didn't notice I had stopped, and neither did I tell her it was better to stop. The flush in her cheeks and the smile on her face told me how much fun she was having, and I wasn't going to ruin that. If things got out of hand, I'd take care of her.

Or so I thought.

I had dealt with Lara drinking before. I had experienced her tipsy phase on our first date, and a heavily tipsy one on another dates maybe. But never did I experience her reach this phase.

And Jesus, was I not expecting this.

"Do you want this?" She asks, showing me a cup and tilting it, as if I had asked for it. I didn't. I didn't even have time to respond when she says, "Catch me then!"

Lara bolted, and as I stand up to follow her, I lose her in the crowd. I start to get nervous, worrying we'd lose each other. I start my way through the crowd, roughly in the direction, she went in. It takes me a while, but I do see the slight bit of Lara from the corner of the eye, going down the stairs and leaving the secluded floor, immersing the humongous crowd underneath. I curse under my breath and hurry down the stairs after her.