Chapter Twenty-Eight

Lara's POV:

Lara's POV:

Tom:
r u alright? Haz told me you went with Z
And if r not alright I know im part of the reason... and i hate that.
i just want u happy
and i meant it ok. take ur time.

Shawn:
i just saw a photo of u leaving the premiere, u were crying
is it bc of me?
im sorry for having shown up, but i had to try at least once more
pls answer me, i need to see u

I read over the unanswered texts one more time, and heave out a sigh. Or at least as much I could heave out a sigh when I didn't want my family to realize something is wrong. Although I know they already know. That photo of me... The fact that a picture of such a vulnerable moment exists makes my stomach churn.

I'm currently sightseeing with my sister and parents, them making use of this one day to get to know the city better before they have to return home, jobs and school waiting for them. I try my best, but my mind keeps wandering away. As I walk down the streets next to my sister, my parents ahead of us, I feel her eyes on me. I turn, and can see the wariness she holds in them. So young, and yet she could tell what was going on. I follow her silent advice and lock my phone, slipping it into the purse that Z lent me.

The day was a blur. I enjoyed my family's company, but my mind kept drifting away, trying to figure out where I went wrong. When was that I had become this mess of a person. My heart had ached so hard yesterday, that I think at some point it had nullified itself, trying to dampen the pain, the rip that had torn inside it when Shawn showed up at my doorstep. Because at this point I had just... shut down. But I still kept thinking of it.

When I got back to Z's apartment, she was there already. She asks if I need something, and I thank her, but all I need right now is a shower. A good, long one with heavy crying would help wash the mist in my mind away. However, I stop on my tracks, realization sinking in. I had nothing to swap into.

Z had lent me clothes for today, but I considering I didn't make an ounce of improvement today, I'd probably be here for a while. I feel like I'm taking advantage of her, and the guilt might have shown on my face because she says:

"Really, it's fine Lara," She insists. I hesitate.

"I feel bad, Z."

"But you need space, from the guys. Where would u go anyways? A hotel? Not convenient. Rent an apartment? Too bureaucratic."

I sigh. "You're right. But I need to stop by at my home. My stuff..."

Zendaya asks the exact question I was asking myself. "Don't you think it's too risky for you to come across Tom?"

She was right. It really was risky. Seeing him again so soon would make me no good.

"I have an idea," I realize, and I take my phone out.

Lara:
Heyy, r u with tom?

Harrison does not take long to reply.