You Are My Only Exception

Chapter One -

Ok so I'm at the airport ready to depart for New Zealand and I'm trying to get my mum to cease crying and just accept the fact that going back to live where I was originally from is my decision and not hers.

'Mum, come on you have to stop crying, I'm about to get on the plane and this isn't exactly the last facial expression I want to see from you. Be happy for me, I mean I've had this dream since what, grade 9 and I'm FINALLY achieving it.'

'Oh honey I know it's just you know how I feel about that place, we left for a reason remember and I just..I just don't want you to get hurt again.'

'Oh mum, I won't...I promise.' I pulled her in for our final hug and then said goodbye to the rest of my family. Ahh, at last, you have literally NO idea how excited I am. I know getting a job, and a car and a home will be hard but that's what life is, hard. I blew my last kiss to them all and stepped on board the plane. It was tough leaving them all behind but you just have to learn the to achieve things sacrifices must be made, and this was mine.

'Ticket please mam.' said the flight attendant at the door. I handed her my ticket and passport. 'Thank you, enjoy your flight.'

'I will.' I replied with a smile. The onlyt thing that sucks about being on a plane is that I always have to be stuck with the back of the plane..the least comfortable part of the aircraft. Oh well, at least I'm actually going to NZ. I'm literally shaking with nerves, it's been so long.