CHAPTER 21

HI GUYS I HAVEN'T UPDATED THIS SINCE YEAR 9 I THINK LOL AND I'M NOW IN YEAR 11....WOW. SORRY IT'S CAPS AND THAT IT WAS LITERALLY A YEAR WITHOUT UPDATE. I DIDN'T THINK I'D CONTINUE THIS STORY BUT WHY NOT. AND SORRY IF SOME THINGS DON'T MATCH UP WITH PREVIOUS CHAPTERS SINCE I FORGET HALF OF IT LOL.

We all returned to the car after an hour of swimming. We were freezing beyond words and sleepy as hell. Without question Eru put his muscular arm around my shoulders so I could rest my head on him. Within minutes I was fast asleep.

When I awoke, the slightest stream of light entered my room through the curtains. My eyelids fluttered closed until the rustling sound of sheets made my eye spring open again. I turned my head and sure enough Eru was lying peacefully next to me.

I nudged him. "Psst...Eru."

A soft murmur slipped. "Mm?"

"You slept next to me..." No sound.. "Eru.."

"What."

"Why are you in my bed?"

"Hm? Oh..that." He sat up and rubbed his eyes. "I fell asleep."

"Next to me? You fell asleep next to me?"

"Oh..yeah sorry. We didn't do anything!....if that's what..you're thinking."

"No no..anyway I'm hungry." I proceeded to get up and take myself to the kitchen for some already made bacon?

Eru quietly followed looking very tired.

"What time did we get home last night?"

"1am I think..I carried you out of the car."

"Sorry."

"Sorry? Why are you sorry?" He chuckled. I was tired and not thinking clearly so sorry slipped from my mouth.

I shrugged. "Where are the rest of the gang?"

"Here." Coral and Marino came through the door that led to the outdoor spa. "I see you're stealing our bacon missy."

"Oh..its yours?"

"Just playin, you can have some."

"Thanks..what are we doing today?"

"Uhh. Nothing much..actually um...well...Marino and I wanted to um...talk to you about something.."

"Yeahhh?" Eru and I sat down with them at the table.

"Well..I just wanted to say I love having you as my roommate. You're tidy and great..um and this house is.cool."

"Get to the point" I urged.

"Marino and I are going to get an apartment together.."

"Oh.." Well that was news.

"When did you decide this??" Eru asked.

"We didn't sleep last night so we've been up since 1 and we've talked and talked and we feel this is what we want to do.."

"But you haven't known each other that long."

"I know but we're so-"

"In love? Yeah. Of course." I got up and put my plate in the sink. I wasn't angry, I was just stunned. We were best friends and she hadn't talked to me about it, let alone mention it! In love? Ugh what would she know. Why am I thinking like this in the first place??

"Carmen I-"

"No. You don't have to say anything. You can do what you want, I just wish you had at least mentioned it to me. We finally move in together and then you ditch me for a guy you haven't known long."

"I know Carmen! And it's completely understandable that you feel like this but you know me! I do unpredictable things and I'm making the most of my life here. This is what I want to do and I'm going to do it...and I'm sorry..I love you but I dunno..I just..feel like I should do this."

I brushed my hand at her in a sign of whatever. She stood at the door for at least 30 seconds more until she left. Before long Eru came in and sat against the wall facing me. He watched intently as if expected me to do something.

"What."

"Nothing...do you wanna come for a walk with me?"

I continued to fold clothes absentmindedly.

"Or just hang out at the studio maybe?"

I wanted to ignore everyone but didn't want to say no to him. "Yeah whatever"

"Ok..cool" he left me to get changed and collect my thoughts.