Chapter 7 - Sleepover

Our shifts lasted for a whole seven hours but it was kinda fun I guess..you know...just watching hot guys dancing..now that's fun..awkies. So anyway we had just left my uncle's and I brought my new black pyjama shorts that read Kiss My Kiwi Ass, they were so adorable, a little short but they were just pj's. I also got my uggs, my white t shirt with a fluffy sheep on the front, a few toiletries, some magazines and my phone. She said I didn't need warm clothes because her house was heated. A small flat stood in front of us, her home or cave as she refers to it as.

'Come on ma homie, I'm so hungry, I'll make us a smoothie and I'll get those left over nachos.' I wondered how tonight was going to go. Were some secrets going to be spilled? Perhaps she's going to finally admit that she has a boyfriend at the moment and she wants me to meet him, who knows.

It was four o'clock at the moment and--oh shit, I haven't rung mum since the day I arrived!! Crap!

'Coral! Can I use your home phone?'

'Yeah sure, what for?'

'I COMPLETELY forgot to call home this whole effing time, mum's going to be worries sick!'

'Ohhh gurl you in deep shit. You'd better hurry then.' She quickly unlocked the door and gave me the phone. I dialed the home number and waited for it to ring. One, two, three, four, five, ah finally..

'Mum! Hi! I'm SO sorry I didn't call! I literally forgot!'

'Oh hun that's ok, i guess, uncle gave me updates anyway. So how's everything going?'

'You'll never guess. I got a job! At a dance studio with my new friend I met the the shopping mall!.'

'Oh that's wonderful! What's your friend's name?'

'Coral, oh and I'm at her house now, we're having a sleepover.'

'That sounds fun, ok I've got to go now, your brother's friend's are here. They're doing a group assignment together for they final exams.'

'Oh lucky them, not. Ok say hi to everyone for me!'

'I will, ok bye bye. Love you.'

'Love you too, bye.' And then I hung up. Phew.

'Lucky. If I hadn't of rung my mum for that long she would have given me a spanking with her jandal. Or just a slap to the heart.'

'Sounds bad? What smoothies are we having?'

'Mine's strawberry, your's is banana.'

'Wow..just wow.'

'What?'

'You just seem to know everything about me. You somehow knew I liked dancing, and then what happened with Eru. And now my fave smoothie since I like, four? Impeccable.'

'Haha. I'm like that. Here's your drink and the bowl of nachos are for us to share. Oh go get changed first. I'll go too.'