Chapter 3

We hopped out of the car and into the garage.

'Does it still look familiar?' my uncle asked.

'Absolutely..even if it is just the garage haha.'

Oh no, the nervous shaking is back. My uncle opened the garage door and stepped inside the house. At that moment I just couldn't contain it anymore, tears rolled down my cheeks as my uncle started hugging me and saying don't cry, don't cry. It's so strange how even though nobody did anything to make me upset or whatever, I still cry simply because I'm happy.

After my mini breakdown I greeted his wife and we sat down for dinner. Throughout the whole meal I continued to answer questions about the flight, what high school was like, my plans for living in nz and so on. Luckily I've learnt not to answer questions just by saying things like 'yes' or 'no' or 'I don't know', my mum always got so annoyed whenever I did that.

'You know, when I was in grade 9 I started to notice how mum slowly began making me figure things out and making me, make my own decisions. And then when I told her my plan about moving here all she said was; mm ok, well it's up to you, but I could tell she didn't really like the idea. And then as the years went by I really noticed that she was treating me the it should be, like an adult, I had to learn to make my own decisions.'

'Well my sis--I mean your mum, was right, you were never going to learn if she continued to do things for you. You're lucky to be honest. A lot of kids these days are still having to copy off their parents even in their late teens or even an adult.' I knew he was right, I could see it all now, she was preparing me. And she sure as hell did a great job, I mean, I'm fantabulous....if I do say so myself.