Chapter 5 - New Job, New Friend

So this is the day of my interview at the mystery job that my new so called friend, Coral, so kindly told me about. I wonder where it is.

Knock Knock. That must be her. I heard the door being opened and words being exchanged. Footsteps sounded and Coral appeared at my bedroom door.

'Hey gal. What are you wearing?' She looked almost shocked.

'Well I am going for an interview..soo I need to professional.' She burst out laughing. 'What's so funny?'

'Luvvy, you won't be needing all that, just wear what you'd wear to the mall.'

'Um ok. But wait are you sure? Like really, really, sure?'

'Absolutely, besides I work there dear. Come on I'll be in the car.'

Alrighty, but I didn't get it, it was an interview, you're supposed to be professional. Oh well, blame's on her if I don't get the job.

Ok so dark blue cardigan, white singlet, black ankle boots and black leather tights..who cares I'm sticking to it.

I waved goodbye to my uncle and his wife and then hopped in Coral's blue Susuki Swift.

'So what exactly is the job?'

'You're going to have to wait for that. But don't worry I'm not a stripper or anything I just think it'd be cool to let you wait and then see what it is.'

'Okk.' For the rest of our car ride she asked me things like, 'Are you single?' Which cracked me up because first of all I havn't even had my first boyfriend to which she stopped the car and stared at me.

'Whoa honey, you cannot be serious. No you're just playin, it's cool I get it.'

'Uhh no I'm serious, no boyfriend for me.'

'No that's just impossible, you must have, I mean look at you, you're gorgeous.'

'Well thanks but I haven't ever had one simply because I wanted a man, not a boy, and in high school they're all practically jerks.'

'Mm so true. Well I'm very confident you'll find one soon enough, I mean it is New Zealand, hot boys as far as the eyes can see.' We giggled at her remark also because it was partly true.

We pulled up in a parking bay in front of a two storey amongst other stores.

'Soo we're here?'

'Yep.'

'Auckland's Danc--It's a dance studio?! Frigin heck how did you know I love dancing?!' And this marks one of the most relieved feelings I've ever felt, oh and one of the happiest.

'Gurl I didn't know I just work here because that's my passion. And some of my friends come here.'

We stepped out of the car and began walking towards the doors but they suddenly opened and three guys walked out to which one was intently staring at me, crap did I have stuff on my face, was my outfit not appropriate? Shit.

'Coral do I have anything on my face? Or in my hair?'

'Nope.'

'What about the rest of me?'

'Uh yes actually.'

'Holy crap what is it?'

'Clothes.' A small grin crept onto her face.

'Haha so frigin hilarious.'