Chapter 1

(Y/n)'s POV

I sat quietly in my room, trying to ignore all the bad rumours and people's voices. They didn't love me, no one did. The question I had asked myself for all these years was...why did they take me in?

"(Y/n), are you in there?" Hatz asked, knocking on the door.
"Y-yeah..."
"Can I come in? My parents have gone to bed."
"Sure..."

He opened the door and came in before sitting down in front of me. I looked at his hands...he had brought food for me.

"I know it's not much, I couldn't get anything else. Sorry," he apologised with a small frown.
"*smiles* Don't worry about it. This is enough."

I took the small bowl of rice with seasoned seaweed. Hatz continued to look at me with a worried expression, feeling bad about my living conditions.

"This is fine. I can handle this. As long as I have food and shelter, then it's fine."
"But the way everyone treats you, even my parents..." he replied guiltily.
"Hatz, I've lived like this for a long time. I don't hate your parents. They've provided me with food and shelter, I'm grateful for that. In fact, I feel bad about the rumours spreading around your parents. They've decided to look after someone like me..."
"(Y/n), what do you mean 'someone like you'? To me, you are someone that cannot be replaced. I feel bad about the way you are treated."
"Hatz, are you in there with that? Come out, we have some late night guests," exclaimed his mother.
"*sigh* I'm sorry, I need to go," he said while giving me a small hug.
"Don't worry, go. I can't keep you here forever."

His parents ran one of those martial arts dojos. Of course, they also taught swordsmanship. This one was quite famous in this area.

*sigh* I haven't been outside for a long time...the furthest they've ever allowed me to go was the front yard, but it was fine. Hatz always showed me pictures of the outside world. I've also heard a lot about his friends, although I would like to meet them someday...

Hatz's POV

"Shibisu, what are you doing here?"
"I'm here to visit a very special friend of mine," he replied with a grin.
"Aren't you supposed to be with earrings (Khun)?"
"Oh, he's here as well."

I looked past Shibisu's shoulders and saw him in his car, looking at his phone. So rude, he didn't even come out to say hello. But I wouldn't have liked it if he did. After all, I never really liked him that much.

"Hey Hatz, how's your sister?" Shibisu asked in a small whisper.
"She's still the same, but I wish I could do something for her."
"Come on, don't think like that. I'm sure she's happy to have a brother like you."

He was the only one that knew about (Y/n). I haven't told anyone else in case she was put in danger. (Y/n) and I weren't actually siblings. I just called her my sister because she felt like one to me, although I sometimes felt a little overprotective.

"Why can't I go say hello?"
"My parents don't allow visitors to talk to her."
"Does she have a pocket?"
"No...she is practically stripped of all her rights."
"Wow, that's harsh... Can I see a picture of her then?"
"You only want to see her because you just want to check her out. I'm sorry but I don't let perverted guys look at my sister."
"How could you call your best friend a pervert? *fake cries* I'm hurt."
"Anyway, I think earrings is looking for you. You should go."
"...okay, see you next time."

I watched as he left with Khun. Geez, all the girls in the neighbourhood were swarming the area because of him. Being such a famous CEO, not to mention how good looking people thought he was...

"Hatz, come here," said father.
"Yes?"
"Why did you give (Y/n) the food? I told you numerous times before that she only gets a maximum of two meals a day. Why would you give her a third?"
"Because we have three meals a day-"
"That is not an excuse. Just because we have three meals a day does not mean that she has to. Think about how many homeless people there are out there."
"Instead of thinking about people who you don't even know, why don't you start thinking about my sister's wellbeing for a change?"

I looked away as my parents continued to scold me. (Y/n) was someone important to me, I couldn't just push her away because of my parents. After all, I was the reason why my parents decided to take her in.

Khun's POV

Shibisu was acting a little weird ever since he got back from Hatz's home. Did they have a serious conversation or something?

"Oi, what's wrong? Why are you acting all gloomy?"
"Because Hatz refused to let me see his si-"

He covered his mouth quickly. I just smirked and threw some documents at him.

"What is this?" he asked.
"Check yourself."
"...eh?! How do you know about this?! Hatz only told me!"
"You think I couldn't find information like this? Geez, I should just fire you right now..."
"Anyway, do you only know her name and face?"
"Yeah, there was nothing else I could find with my lighthouse."
"Wow, she looks gorgeous."
"It'll be funny if he heard you just then."
"Whatever."

I looked at her picture once more. To be honest, she did look cute. But that wasn't something that I should be thinking about. After all, why should I be thinking about Hatz's personal matters? It didn't concern me in any way. I was just digging up new information because I was bored.