Chapter 2

(Y/n)'s POV

I was in the back yard helping Hatz's mother with the laundry. She didn't even spare me a glance, but I didn't mind. I just wanted to go outside and breathe in the fresh air.

"You, finish up here. I'm going to go see Hatz and his father," she exclaimed.
"Y-yes ma'am."

After making sure that I was still working, she left hurriedly. Someone important must be here, otherwise she would've finished the laundry with me.

I smiled while looking at the blue sky. There were so many clouds today, but it'd be great if I could see the stars too. What did they really look like? There were no windows in my room so I couldn't look at the night sky.

~After laundry is finished~

I peeked over the corner of the house and saw Hatz with some other people. Were they his friends? They were pretty far away so I couldn't get a closer look. I frowned. If only I could use shinsu...

"Hey, who's that?" asked a brown-haired boy.

Everyone looked over in my direction. I quickly ran back to the back yard, hoping that they wouldn't follow me here. Please don't come over here...

"Guys, I found her," said a guy wrapped in a blanket.

I immediately froze. What was I supposed to do?! Hatz's parents forbade me from having any kind of contact with other people.

"Hey Hatz, who is she?" a girl with short brown hair asked.
"Ah her? S-she's just someone that learns from my dad," he replied a little nervously.
"Why haven't we seen her here before? And why is she wearing such ugly rags?"
"Uh...she likes to. She says they're comfortable..."

I stood awkwardly in front of everyone, unsure of whether I should stay or go back in. Hatz looked at me, as if telling me to go in.

"U-uh, sorry. I need t-to go back."
"Wait, what's your name?" asked a boy with blue hair.
"I..."
"(Y/n), her name's (Y/n)," Hatz replied.
"Well, (Y/n). I guess we'll be seeing each other again," said the blue-haired boy.
"Earrings, we're going back. She needs to go finish her training."

I bowed deeply before taking my leave. What did he mean by that? Seeing each other again...he sounded so certain. While wondering about this, I couldn't help but think of how much he peaked my interest.

"Oi, where were you? How long does it take you to do the laundry? *sigh* And we even had Ms Endorsi, the famous model, over..." exclaimed Hatz's mother.
"I-I finished the laundry-"
"Good. Go clean up the rooms."

I nodded and quietly headed off.

Khun's POV

"Hey blue turtle, did you know that quiet turtle?" asked Rak.
"No, why?"
"Then why did you say that?"
"Because I have a feeling."
"Is it love at first sight?"
"Shut up, you crocodile! *sigh* You just won't understand."
"Sorry everyone, I have to go back. There's an exam coming up soon," exclaimed Bam.
"Bye, see you later," Shibisu replied.

Hatz was walking behind all of us with a serious expression on his face. Must've been shocking for him to witness his sister talking to strangers. Well, I guess anyone would be if they had a complicated situation like that. Not that I knew the situation, but it was obvious.

"Khun, I need to talk to you privately," he said.

(Y/n)'s POV

~Some time later~

It was already the afternoon, the time when I could have some free time. Usually, I'd spend this time in the front yard, trying to get a glimpse of the outside world.

"Hey, can you pass me that ball?"

I looked at my feet and picked it up before giving the ball back to the boy. He seemed similar to the one with blue hair I had seen earlier with Hatz.

"Do you live here?" he asked.
"I-I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to talk to strangers..."
"Well, you're talking to me right now, aren't you? I'm Ran, what's your name?"
"...(Y/n)..."
"Now we're not strangers anymore. You seem bored. I have some time now, want to play?"

I shook my head and stepped back a little timidly. I wasn't going to disobey their orders. If I did, there would be a punishment for sure. And there was no saying who this boy actually was.

Suddenly, he stepped inside and threw the basketball at me. Now that I looked at him closely, he was a little shorter than me and had a cute face.

"Keep it safe for me. I'm going to have a nap."
"R-right here?"
"Yeah."

Within seconds, he had fallen asleep. Wow, that was fast. I hesitantly sat beside him, rolling the ball around. The leaves rustled as the wind blew past. It was so peaceful like this...

"You, what are you doing?! Who is that?!" asked Hatz's father.
"He-"
"Why did you disobey my rules?!"

Ran suddenly stood up and grabbed onto the sword before it hit him. His body seemed to be surrounded in blue lightning.

"You woke me up, you're bothersome," he exclaimed with a glare.
"Ran, don't f-fight him. That person is-"
"He threw the sword at you first and then woke me up when I was sleeping. Do I need more reasons to fight that bothersome man?"
"You ignorant kid! Where are you from?! Why did you approach her?! She's-"
"My name's Khun Ran."
"One of those arrogant bastards from the ten great families..."

I looked at them worriedly as they glared at each other. This wasn't going to end well if they fought each other. And I couldn't use shinsu because of the incidents from before.

"Apologise, then I'll let you go," Ran said.
"You should speak respectfully to your elders."
"Ran, go home for now," I whispered softly.

He took back his ball and reluctantly left.

"Now, you need some disciplining."