Chapter 7

(Y/n)'s POV

Rak left after being thrown out by Khun. All of the employees had gone home, so it was only the two of us left. I gripped onto my sleeve, nervous waiting for Khun to speak up. He was taking an awfully long time to think.

"(Y/n), I'm going to be straightforward with you. You have no control over your power, due to your fear and inexperience. If you try to use it now, you'll most likely pass your body's limits and go out of control. That is why I'm going to help you. In exchange, I'll use you to get to my own goals. Understand?"
"...yes."
"Good. Now follow me, we're going home."
"H-home?"
"Yeah, you're staying with me from now on. Hatz's parents have already kicked you out."
"But there's no reason for you to-"
"(Y/n), as the CEO, I have a responsibility to look after all my employees, ensuring that they have the most suitable workplaces according to their roles. The more higher I value you, then the more benefits you get. I don't intend to have everyone leave me because of unfair working conditions. You are going to become one of my secret weapons. That is why I'm letting you stay at my place...you have the most important role in this game."
"Oh..."

He held out his hand. I hesitantly reached out and grabbed it, letting him pull me up and lead me to the entrance of the building. He got out his car keys and pressed a button.

A fancy-looking red car came over. Was it on auto-drive or something? There was no driver. Khun opened the door for me, and motioned for me to get in. I got inside and waited for him.

The seats were probably the most comfortable cushion I've ever sat on. How rich was this guy? There were tons of companies out there...did that mean the CEOs were all like this? Or was it just Khun?

"Hey, don't reveal this location to anyone. There's someone that's trying to kill me so it'll be bothersome if they found out where I live," exclaimed Khun.
"O-okay."
"And relax when you're home. You're not working there so I don't expect you to act like you are. But of course, our relationship is only business and work-related."
"Okay..."
"By the way, you're the first employee I've hired that hasn't called me 'Mr' or 'sir' or anything of the sort."
"*blushes in embarrassment* I-I'm so sorry, please forgive me!"

I immediately bowed as soon as we got out of the car. How could I be so stupid? Where did all my manners go? He was my boss and yet I just called him casually by his name? Ugh, there must be something wrong with me.

"*chuckles* I don't mind. It's nice to have someone that just calls me by my name," he said with a grin.
"...h-huh?..."
"Let's go inside. You must be very tired."

I nodded after processing what he just said. Was it really okay for me to call him 'Khun'? Ugh, I was such an idiot.

But wow! His house, more like luxurious mansion, was incredible! It was like something out of a fairy tale! The outside looked big enough, but the inside was even bigger than it looked.

"Miss (Y/n), I'll show you to your room," said a maid.

Without thinking, I jumped behind Khun at the sudden respect I was shown. This was all new to me so it was quite hard to get used to.

"I'll take her there. You may leave," Khun exclaimed.
"Yes sir," the maid replied with a bow.
"S-sorry Khun, I'm not used to this..."
"Don't worry, you'll survive. Come on."

I followed him up to the third and highest floor of the mansion. Everything looked so expensive and modern, and Khun was letting me live here...

"This is your room. I saved a map of the place into your pocket."

He handed me a small, round marble thing. I took it and looked at the intriguing designs.

"Say 'invisible mode'," he said.
"I-invisible mode."

The pocket turned clear.

"Now I'll let you rest. A maid will help you tomorrow morning to help you get ready for work so don't be too surprised when she comes. Well, good night."
"Good night K-Khun."

He left after closing the door. I turned around and almost gasped. Was this my room?! It was so beautiful! I know I may sound weird right now, but seriously! It was sooo fancy!

The bed was very big with silk covers and rose-scented pillows. The windows covered the entire wall, showing the view of the mountains overlooking the bustling city. There were also stairs leading to another floor, it was similar to a small study.
Everything else I couldn't even explain. I smiled to myself...I felt like a princess in a fairy tale...

"You look happy."
"...Ran?!"
"I know where AA lives. He's someone I know."
"W-why are you here?"
"You mean here in your room or here in his house?"
"Both?..."
"I wanted to come see you. AA told me a few of the details, so I know some things. After all, that bothersome man ruined my nap and I didn't get a chance to play with you."
"But is that really important?"
"Yeah, I like getting what I want."
"Oh..."
"I see that AA gave you one of his most beautiful rooms."
"R-really?"
"Who are you to him? He doesn't let just anyone live with him."
"I'm just his employee..."
"Really? Because I don't think so."
"Ran! What the hell are you doing in (Y/n)'s room?!" Khun asked, clearly annoyed.
"Sorry, I'll get going now."

Ran disappeared after the dark fog cleared. A sigh escaped Khun's lips.

"I'm sorry about that. Please ignore him and get some rest."

He closed the door, leaving me by myself. I smiled. This life wasn't so bad after all.