Chapter 17

'Other' (Y/n)'s POV

A young blue-haired boy stood in front of me. He was different from the one I saw before. Are they brothers? Cousins? Whatever, not that it mattered to me. If they were here for that (Y/n) girl, then they should just give up. She'll soon die.

Hmm, the boy was stronger than he looked. Not even my power of death was affecting him in any physical way. But of course, I haven't gotten my full power yet so I guess I may have to face off strong opponents like him.

"Who the hell are you?" he asked.
"Me? Why do you care?"
"Why can't I care?"
"Why are you answering my question with another question?"
"Stop talking nonsense, you witch."
"Witch? Is that what I look like to you?"

Now, I'm going to have to look through (Y/n)'s memories. Hmm, seemed like this boy's name was Khun Ran. He was certainly powerful but I needed to test him at his full power.

"Khun Ran, you're (Y/n)'s friend...and that other blue guy is also here. Is he her lover? A crush? Unrequited love sure is a difficult emotion to deal with."
"What the hell are you talking about? Stop with the nonsense," exclaimed Khun.
"Oh, were you offended by that? Why? Is she not good enough for you?"
"Shut up."
"Or have I lowered her standard? Well, it doesn't really matter. Now, get out of my way."

I waved my hand, sending a strike of dark power towards the both of them. Khun used his lighthouse to block the attack. His ability as a light bearer was good, but light bearers were usually weak in combat.

Without wasting another minute, I aimed for a punch at Khun's head. He blocked it with incredible speed, but with (Y/n)'s ability to use shinsu, he'd be in trouble. Ran immediately aimed for a kick but I simply grabbed onto his foot and threw him to the wall.

"Is that really how weak kids from the Khun family are? What has the family leader been doing all this time? Doesn't he feel ashamed that his children are so weak?"
"Our father has nothing to do with us," Khun said with a glare.
"Whatever you say."
"Give (Y/n) back," Ran exclaimed while throwing a powerful spear at me.

I simply smirked and changed.

(Y/n)'s POV

Huh? What happened?...My eyes widened as I got hit by one of Ran's spears. Ugh! My stomach...I used my hands to cover up the massive wound.

"(Y/n)?!"

Khun immediately rushed to my side and applied pressure to the wound. His eyes were full of worry and concern.

"W-what happened?"
"Don't talk. Ran, call the doctor now."

~Some time later~

I listened carefully as Khun explained everything to me. Right, so there was a demon spirit possessing my body and that was why Ran unintentionally hurt me. *sigh* Why didn't I remember anything?...

"(Y/n), I'm sorry about before," Ran apologised quietly.
"Don't worry, it wasn't your fault."
"Now that you have that massive wound, I don't think she'll be coming back for a while. Well, unless she can somehow heal your body," Khun exclaimed.
"Sorry for causing so much trouble..."
"*sigh* Why do you always worry about me when you're the one that's in trouble?...So you don't remember how you got that demon? What about your mother?"

I shook my head. I had no memories of my parents. All I knew was that I woke up in the middle of nowhere with nothing but a few rags as my clothes.

"Do you think Hatz might know something about this?" asked Ran.
"I don't think so. He seemed a little shocked when he first heard everything," Khun replied.

Now that I think about it, that boy, Bam, seemed very familiar. The touch of his fingers felt like I had somehow returned home. But then, I had these constant black outs after I met him and I didn't know why.

"(Y/n), get some rest. I'll stay here to watch over you. Ran needs to go back to college and Shibisu's looking after the company for me," said Khun.
"O-okay."

Khun's POV

I couldn't help but think of what that demon said before. (Y/n) had feelings for me? That couldn't be true. She must've just said that to get a reaction from me. There was no way that any girl would fall for me because of my personality. I mean, there were tons of fangirls out there but they weren't interested in who I actually was.

(Y/n)...is she actually experiencing unrequited love? That is definitely not true. She cannot love someone like me, and the same goes for me. I can't love...it's impossible...

Then why did she make feel different? Why was I afraid of messing up in front of her? Why was it that I did all these things for her?... *sigh* I guess I'd need more time to sort out my feelings now that they've become even more confused with what the demon said.

"K-Khun, I-I'm scared," (Y/n) said quietly with a slight tremble in her voice.
"Why? There's nothing to be scared of here."
"I can see myself. Everything is in ruins. There's fire everywhere, with lifeless bodies laid out on the ground as if they're flowers in a garden. I can see myself...in the middle of it all. I-I'm scared of myself..."

I waved my hand in front of her eyes, but she gave me no reaction. All she did was continue staring ahead at the wall. Hesitantly, I pulled her into a hug. She immediately tensed before relaxing slowly.

"It's not real, it was just an illusion. Forget about it and go to sleep."
"...okay..."

I looked down at her as she lay asleep on my chest. *sigh* Sometimes, I just couldn't stand to leave her alone.