Chapter 20

(Y/n)'s POV

~The next day~

I was allowed to leave the hospital. The doctor had said it was better for me to stay for a few more days, but Khun wanted me to leave as soon as possible. I found that a little strange, considering how he wanted me to recover faster.

'Someone will come to pick you up. Sorry I can't come myself. Shibisu needs my help with some things.' ~Khun

I waited quietly by the entrance of the hospital, getting a little bored from just standing here. *sigh* He could've at least told me who was coming...

Suddenly, someone covered my eyes from behind.

"Guess who?"
"W-Wangnan."
"Aww, how did you know? I thought I hid well enough for you not to see me..."
"I can tell by your scent..."
"Hmm, are you a werewolf now? Haha, it'll be cool if you were. Anyway, Khun asked me to pick you up."
"Oh."
"Where would you like to go?" he asked with a grin.
"D-didn't Khun tell you anything?"
"Nope, all he said was to pick you up. I guess you can have a day off today."
"Don't you have to go to work?"
"Nah, I found someone who'd take over for me."
"Oh, really?"
"Yeah, Rak said he'd help me out. Well, I kinda just left him there with my boss...but whatever. I'll deal with his complaining later."

Wangnan grabbed my hand and started pulling me towards a motorbike. Eh?! Did he expect me to ride one of those?! There was no way I could! I mean, what if I fell off? Or what if it went too fast?

"Hey, you scared?" he asked with a smirk.
"I-I'm not going o-on that."
"Come on, just give it a try. How can you say you don't like it when you haven't even tried it?"
"I-"
"Okay, let's go."

He sat on and gestured for me to get on behind him. I reluctantly got on after him, still not sure about this. If I ended up getting hurt because of this, I'd put all the blame on him. I knew I sounded mean but still.

"Don't you have any helmets?"
"Nope, I lost all of mine. But don't worry, I haven't crashed in a few days. There's no point in getting new ones."
"I-in a few days?!"
"*chuckles* I was just scaring you. Now hold on tight."

I immediately wrapped my hands around his waist as he sped off towards the highway. Now that I was actually riding one, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

No one's POV

(Y/n) smiled as they sped past cars, turning at several intersections. Wangnan didn't actually have a destination in mind. All he wanted was to show her the city.

But neither of them expected anything to go wrong that day. (Y/n)'s grip on his shirt tightened as her heart began to beat faster. Her head was also experiencing a massive headache.

Wangnan immediately stopped at a nearby parking lot, worried about her condition. Her breathing was fast and shallow and her skin was steaming hot.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked worriedly.
"I...don't know..." she replied, trying to hide the pain she was in.

(Y/n)'s appearance started changing. The demon possessing her body was taking over till it was in full control. There was no way for (Y/n) to break free of its clutches now that it was almost at its full power.

"(Y-(Y/n)?..." Wangnan asked, a little scared.
"Let's see...you're Wangnan, right? You don't look very strong. Hmm, seems that this girl is also capable of making friends with weaklings. Oh wait, she was a weakling herself."
"What the hell are you talking about? Let (Y/n) go."
"No, I don't want to. What's the point of wanting her back if she's going to disappear in a few days? But if there's a way for me to get my full power faster, then she'll disappear within a few hours."
"What?..."
"Do you know what her childhood was like? She was always unwanted...and that's why I was unable to be released. The more she's loves, the stronger I get. But that alone wouldn't have been able to release me. She needed...the power of her brother."
"Her brother? You mean Hatz?-"
"You really are an idiot, aren't you? I'm talking about her real brother...Bam."

Wangnan could only stand there with wide eyes. He was shocked by the fact that Bam was (Y/n)'s brother.

The demon smirked at his reaction. There was one person that she wanted to meet and that was Khun. To be honest, she was grateful that he confessed to (Y/n). That would've just increased its power.

"Now, tell me where her friends are."
"Why should I?"
"You'll regret it if you don't."
"I don't care."
"Suit yourself."

She grabbed onto his neck and threw him to the other side of the parking lot. He groaned in pain, unable to get up due to the amount of force she used to throw him.

"G-give...(Y/n)...back..."
"Seems like you can still talk. Well, there's no point in beating you up now that you can barely move."

The demon flew away, searching for Khun's scent, leaving Wangnan all alone. He struggled to get up but he couldn't just let his friends die like that.

He managed to send a message to Khun before collapsing again.

Geez, her physical strength is overwhelming. I can't believe she did this to me with only one throw, he thought to himself.

Meanwhile, the demon had already arrived at the entrance of the building. Shibisu immediately recognised (Y/n)'s familiar features in the demon's appearance.

"You know where to find Khun, don't you? Tell me where he is," she exclaimed while holding onto his shirt.
"There's no need. I'm here," Khun said while walking outside.
"Now, make (Y/n) disappear."