Chapter 12

(Y/n)'s POV

No...! Everyone was dead...I left no one alive. Blood stained my hands, indicating the horrible act I had just completed. No! I didn't kill them...I..

Tears were constantly running down my cheeks, blurring my vision. I couldn't see or feel anything because of the overwhelming emotions I just had. No one was here to save me...

"(Y/n)."

Who's voice was calling out to me? I couldn't make it out.

"(Y/n), it's me."

I waited for my eyes to concentrate on the person in front of me. The weird helmet thing was taken off my head.

"K-Khun?..."
"Geez, thank god you still remember me. Are you okay?"
"Khun..."

Without thinking, I hugged him tightly. All the tears and sobs I held in came out. I was unable to keep them in any more. To be honest, I was afraid...afraid that he'd disappear...afraid that this was all a terrible dream.

"(Y/n)..."
"I-I'm sorry! I-"
"*smiles gently* Let's go home."

I happily nodded through all the tears. He put a jacket over my shoulders before pulling me up. His hand was still holding mine as we escaped the tortuous room. *blushes slightly*

Khun's POV

As we went outside, I noticed something shiny in (Y/n)'s hand. Wait...was that the necklace I gave her?! *sigh* That idiot...she should've protected herself. Why would she bother saving a necklace that I could just buy again?...

"Khun! How could you?! I thought we agreed that I would save her!" Shibisu yelled, annoyed.
"When did I ever agree to that? If I remember correctly, you decided it for yourself and deluded yourself into thinking that I had agreed."
"Hmph, you probably just wanted to act like a prince in shining armour!"
"Shibisu, that's what you want. The reason I went was because (Y/n) would've been in a lot of shock and desperation. Do you think it makes sense to send someone she's not familiar with and expect that person to calm her down?"
"...tch, you have a point."
"And you were taking too long so I couldn't be bothered waiting."
"Whatever...but why does she get to ride on your lighthouse?"
"Are you an idiot?! Can you not see the state that she's in?!"

Shibisu just put his hands up in defeat. I smirked before leading the way out of this dark place. Rachel was probably no longer in a state in which she can chase us. After all, I did injure her quite a lot.

When we walked outside, Endorsi quickly used her Bong Bong to teleport us away. Once we arrived, Hatz immediately checked on (Y/n). The others all left, having to return to work or college.

"Earrings, thank you."
"Don't mention it. But that girl sure is capable. Even making you thank me..."
"Tch, I'm going to go home. Make sure she gets medical treatment."

(Y/n)'s POV

"(Y/n), I'm going home. Please look after yourself."
"Okay, I'll be fine so don't worry about me."

He waved goodbye before leaving. I finally let myself sit down because of the pain of the cuts and wounds. At least Hatz wouldn't be worrying about me that much.

"Let's get you treated. Come on, I'm sure Hatz wouldn't want you to stay like that," exclaimed Khun.
"Okay..."
"Why did you hold onto the necklace?"
"It would've been a waste if I didn't. From how Endorsi was whining about the clothes you bought me, it must've been hard to get them."

He flicked my forehead lightly. I looked at him with a pout while rubbing the area that got hit.

"They're just clothes. You must not know how much of an influence I have in this world. For some, it may be incredibly hard to get but for me, it's as easy as stealing candy from a child."
"Oh..."
"Let's go."

I got up and quietly followed him to the infirmary. I never even realised that this building had one. A woman, who I assumed to be the nurse, came over with a worried expression.

"Mr Khun, you rarely visit. Is something wrong?" she asked.
"She needs medical treatment," he replied while leading me to one of the beds.
"Those wounds...does she get beaten? It's quite rare to see these from a normal fight," exclaimed the nurse.
"That is none of your concern. Now please look after her, I have some matters that need to be done."

Khun gave me a reassuring smile before taking his leave. The nurse immediately grabbed her supplies before settling down in front of me. I looked down at my lap nervously.

"Hey, look up. I won't bite," she said kindly.

I hesitantly did as she told me and allowed her to clean up the scratches on my face.

"My name's Ehwa Yeon. I'm just taking over for the day because the head nurse is sick."
"I-I'm (Y/n)..."
"You're a quiet one. Anyway, what happened to you?"
"I..."
"Sorry, did I ask something sensitive? Don't worry about telling me. But seriously though...that Khun is really rude. Can he not tell me in a more polite way?"
"He doesn't seem that rude..."
"Wait, you're saying that he doesn't treat you as a complete nutcase? Anyone he doesn't find useful or isn't close with, he treats them with no respect."
"I-I don't think he does."
"Wow...are you two in a relationship?"

I immediately blushed at the thought and quickly shook my head to clear the misunderstanding. There was no way I could imagine myself dating anyone.

"Really? That's odd. He usually ignores girls when they are hurt. But you are really pretty. Did you ever have a boyfriend?"
"No."
"Not one? I can't believe that."

How did our conversation lead to this? Was this what girls usually talked about? Love and boyfriends? Well, I've never experienced any of that in the context that she was thinking of.