Chapter 19

No one's POV

Hatz clutched onto Khun's shirt tightly, angered by the fact that he had grown so close to (Y/n). Part of their deal was that Khun wouldn't have more than a business relationship with her.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Hatz asked angrily.
"What do you mean?" Khun asked, although he already knew the answer.
"Don't play dumb with me. You know what I'm talking about. Why did you get so close to (Y/n)?"
"I know it was part of the deal, but I still don't understand why. You never gave me a proper reason. And yes, I do understand the fact that Rachel may use her against me but I'm not as weak as to be provoked by something like that. Also, it was impossible to hide (Y/n) from her. You knew that, didn't you? She was bound to get hurt some day."
"Shut up. You like my sister, don't you? Well, I won't approve of her going out with someone like you."
"Seems like there's some kind of misunderstanding here-"
"There is no misunderstanding. I can tell that you have feelings for her and she may as well have feelings for you. But that doesn't mean that you can go out with her. I don't trust a dangerous man like you and I never will."
"*smirks* Is that how it is? You want to keep her for yourself? That's so low of you. I doubt she'd think of you the same way if she heard that."
"Tch, you jerk. How could I? I didn't even think of that. Seems like you want a fight."
"No, you're the one that wants the fight. I'd prefer avoiding such rough methods of 'talking things out'."

The two glared daggers at each other, getting their weapons out. But what they didn't know was that (Y/n) had been listening the whole time. She was heartbroken by the fact that they were fighting over her.

The two started fighting, but Khun thought of this as a little, annoying game. Of course, Hatz was strong but Khun was too. Neither were winning or losing, but injuries were inflicted upon each other. The fight was so intense that (Y/n) couldn't just stand by watching anymore.

Before she knew it, she had ran out in front of the two. Her ability to use shinsu was still unstable, but despite this, she manipulated the shinsu to catch the flying weapons. Two daggers from Hatz and a few knives from Khun.

"Stop it."
"(Y/n)-"
"I heard everything. You guys are going too far. I'm not someone that's worth fighting for and yet, here you are...fighting because of me. Well, if this continues and I continue to cause your friendship to break apart, then I never want to see the two of you again."
"(Y/n), what the hell are you saying? You can't be serious about this...right?" Khun asked, nervous that she was actually meaning it.
"Yeah, you can't just say that..." Hatz added.
"Then don't fight, at least not when I'm here. I hate seeing my friends hurt each other. It's even worse if I'm the cause."
"We're...sorry..."

(Y/n)'s POV

My legs gave way, causing me to fall. I just wasn't used to this...talking so seriously without stuttering...it was too hard. It felt like my heart was going to explode from the nervousness.

"...I'm sorry, (Y/n). I need to go back," Hatz said before leaving.

Now it was only Khun and I. He knelt down in front of me. I looked away from him, afraid that I'd show him my weaknesses...but why though? Why was I afraid? Was I afraid that he'd abandon someone as weak as me?...

"(Y/n)...I'm sorry," he apologised.
"D-don't be...I'm sorry for saying so much. I was being too-"

I was cut off as he placed his lips on mine. Omg...I could feel my heart beat faster and faster as I hesitantly kissed back. His kiss felt gentle yet rough, like he was afraid that I'd break any time despite wanting to kiss me more.

"Tch, you seriously have no idea how much I wanted to kiss you.." he exclaimed softly.
"K-Khun..."
"(Y/n), it's true. I like you."
"I..."
"You don't have to give me an answer now."

I quickly covered my face with my hands, hoping to hide its redness and try to cool it down. He just smirked at me and lifted my chin up.

"You know...you look even cuter when you blush," Khun whispered into my ear.
"S-stop teasing me!"

All he did was chuckle and ruffle my hair, making me blush even more and pout at him. Why...why did he fall in love with me? I couldn't understand why anyone would like a quiet, weak girl like me...I was nothing special...and he seemed like someone so high up...so high that my small wings could never have been able to fly up to where he was.

"Hey, what are you thinking about?" Khun suddenly asked.
"N-nothing."
"Are you sure? You looked like you were deep in thought."
"Ah, it was nothing important."
"Let me guess. You think you're not good enough for me. That's strange because I think I'm not good enough for you."
"R-really? How did you know?"
"I've read about how these are some of the thoughts people have when dating sometimes. And I just happened to guess right."
"So you mean it was only a coincidence that you knew what I was thinking?"
"Yeah, basically."

Eh?! He seemed as if he knew all along and yet, it was just a coincidence?! While I was flustered with all this, he placed a kiss on my forehead and smiled at me.

"Hey, how about you put those weapons in my lighthouse before someone sees them?"

I nodded slowly, just realising that I still had the weapons from before. Thinking about it now, I still couldn't help but blush at the thought of Khun kissing me.

"You're blushing again," he pointed out.
"Don't point out the obvious..."
"Heh, it's just fun to tease you."