Sad Ending

(Y/n)'s POV

Khun had left early in the morning for work. Now that he was gone, I had nothing to do. Well, I might as well explore his house. There were rarely any maids or servants that came up to the third floor.

"Excuse me, you are Miss (Y/n), right?" asked a suspicious-looking girl.
"Who are you?"
"Oh, I'm surprised you don't know me. My name is Yura Ha, an idol singer. Well, Endorsi has always taken the spotlight so I was left in the dark, but I've left my singing career behind."
"...what are you doing here?"
"I'm a light bearer, little girl. I can find information like where Khun lives very easily."
"I did not ask for your position. I asked what you were doing here. And I highly doubt someone...at your level can find this place. Who are you working for?"
"Ha, Rachel was right. I would hate you once I met you. Anyway, I've come to kill you."
"Kill me?"
"Yes, because Rachel asked me to. She is currently planning something spectacular and you are distracting her."

I quietly sent Khun a message while she was busy talking about Rachel. The sparkles around her shone even brighter than before. Was Rachel her idol or something?

"So that is why you must die. Goodbye (Y/n)-"
"Not so fast."

I was swept off my feet as Urek carried me and jumped onto a nearby couch.

"U-Urek Mazino?...w-what are you doing here?" Yura asked, trying to keep her cool, pushing away the fear.
"I was on my way to see (Y/n) because I had nothing to do. And that was when I received a message from Bam."
"Y-you! You sent a message to Khun, didn't you?" Yura asked, angered while pointing a finger accusingly at me.
"Hey, you shouldn't be talking to (Y/n) like that."

Urek's grip loosened as he lent down to whisper something in my ear. I nodded in response. He carried me bridal-style in one arm while using the other to grab onto Yura's shirt.

He used some sort of spell to teleport us to Khun's company. Yura was dropped to the ground as we arrived. She was gasping, trying to catch her breath.

"What...did y-you do?" she asked.
"Nothing, I guess you simply weren't strong enough to handle the thick shinsu," Urek replied.
"(Y/n)! Urek!" Bam called out.

Bam rushed over and looked at me worriedly. I told him I was fine, but he still wouldn't stop fussing over me. Khun arrived and had a knife by Yura's throat.

"What the hell did you do?" he asked.
"Let me go!"

The blade pressed against her neck, drawing blood. She glared at Khun, but he ignored her cold looks.

"Either you tell us or die."

She kept her mouth shut tight. Khun had a gun by her head, dropping the knife back into his lighthouse. I gently pulled at his arm. There was no point in killing her.

"(Y/n)..."
"Khun, Rachel sent her. She was sent to kill me."
"Kill...you?"

This time, I couldn't stop him fast enough as he shot a bullet through her heart. Yura simply gave him one last glare before closing her eyes. Her body went limp and lifeless, indicating that she was now dead.

"K-Khun-"
"Bam, I don't care what you do nor what you think. Just...don't get in my way. I can't accept the fact that they're trying to kill (Y/n) because of a grudge. I'm...going to kill Rachel," Khun stated emotionlessly.

I immediately grabbed onto his hand, stopping him from going any further. There was no way I was going to let him go to Rachel's lair alone. I didn't care that she was trying to kill me...I just didn't want him to get hurt...

"(Y/n), let me go."
"No."
"I can't forgive them-"
"Then I'll teach you how to forgive! There's no point in getting yourself killed for me! I don't want you to go!"
"(Y/n)..."
"Guys, watch out!" Urek shouted as he pushed us out of the way.

A large blast of shinsu headed towards him, but he was left unscratched. Urek cracked his knuckles and punched the robot, sending it flying into the sky.

"Khun! You killed Yura! Why?! She did nothing to you!" Rachel shouted, obviously hurt and angered.
"She did nothing to me?...Do you honestly think that? She tried to kill someone precious to me and yet, you're saying she did nothing to me?"
"Yura probably couldn't even kill (Y/n) so why did you kill her?!"
"Why? I don't need a reason to kill people trying to hurt the ones close to me."

Rachel ordered her army to attack us, to eliminate us. Urek and Bam took out most of the robots. I...couldn't use my shinsu and my body was moving on its own. I couldn't control what I was doing. I tried to stop it but it was no use.

"Khun, get away from me! Run!"

My hand grabbed a nearby sword, while walking towards Khun. Why?! Why couldn't I control myself?! I tried to pull back, but it was already too late. I had stabbed Khun in the chest.

Everything around me stopped as Khun collapsed. I couldn't breathe...countless tears slid down my cheeks. I kneeled down beside him, pleading him to wake up.

"How do you like that, (Y/n)?! I'm not that stupid! I asked some scientists to experiment on your body while you were in your demon form. Now, I can control you with this orb-"

Bam broke the small, glowing ball. I immediately focused back on Khun. What was I supposed to do?

"(Y/n)..."
"D-don't talk. I'm-"
"It's fine...it's not your fault."
"N-no, Khun!"
"*smiles* I love you."

He handed me a small box before his arms fell limp.

"K-Khun...wake up. Y-you can't do this. I...I love you too..."

I cried, letting all the sobs come out. I didn't care about anything happening around me. All I wanted was for him to come back to me, but he didn't. He was dead...and I was the one that killed him.

~Some time later~

I was in Khun's office. The events from before played in my mind over and over again, as if it was a movie. I opened the box he gave me. A video was projected onto the wall.

"Hey (Y/n). I'm guessing something happened to me or else this clip wouldn't have activated. Well, whatever happened, don't worry. Don't blame yourself for whatever happened to me because...I probably chose to do it. I chose to do it, it wasn't because of you. Whether it was because I died or became gravely injured, I guess I wanted to protect what was mine. Now...I don't know how to say this, but I love you, (Y/n)."

Khun...Tears filled my eyes as I looked inside the box. There were two small rings, nothing too fancy. I clutched them tightly in my hands and cried quietly as I kept re-watching the video.

Khun...why did you have to leave?...Didn't we make a promise...that we'd stay by each other's side?...