Chapter 10

(Y/n)'s POV

Endorsi let me go once we arrived at a big shopping centre. She pulled sunglasses and a cap out from her bag and put them on. Was it to prevent others from recognising her?

"(Y/n), let's go. I have a whole lot of questions to ask you."
"B-but..."
"Don't worry about him, he won't fire you because of this."
"...okay."

I followed her into a nearby, cosy-looking cafe. We sat down at a table near the corner, where we were secluded from most eavesdroppers.

Endorsi ordered two hot chocolates before leaning in a little. *ding*

'Don't tell Endorsi anything that relates to your private life.' ~Khun

"Who was that from?" she asked.
"K-Khun..."
"Okay, first of all, how do you know him?"
"I knew Hatz, and he introduced me to Khun."
"And how do you know Hatz?"
"We're...friends."
"What about the clothes? Why did Khun buy them for you? He doesn't even buy stuff like that for me and he buys them for some random employee?"
"...I don't know."
"*sigh* Did Khun tell you not to tell me anything? Geez, that party pooper... well, I wouldn't want to be rude so I won't pry into it too much. Anyway, where did you learn your shinsu techniques? They're very similar to Bam's- I mean, someone I know."
"I...didn't learn them. It was kinda like an instinct."

Our hot chocolates were brought to our table by a waiter. He had yellowish orange-coloured hair and a cheerful smile. I quietly thanked him but he just sat down in the spare seat.

"What are you doing, Wangnan?" asked Endorsi.
"There aren't many customers now so I thought I'd come and talk to Viole's friends."
"Well, we don't need to talk to you."
"Who's this? Are you Endorsi's friend?"
"I..."
"She works for Khun. I'm just having a chat with her. We were almost done talking."
"Great, then I'll take her out for today."
"But aren't you working right now?"
"Don't worry, my boss is super nice. He won't mind."
"Suit yourself. Just make sure she doesn't get into any trouble. Khun seems to value her over his other employees," she said before leaving.
"Wait here, I'll go get changed out of my uniform. I'll be back soon."

I nodded and slowly sipped the hot chocolate. Oh, I forgot that I didn't have any money to pay for this. *sigh* And Endorsi didn't even touch hers. What am I gonna do?...

"I'm back. Let's go. I'm Wangnan by the way."
"(Y/n)..."
"Nice to meet you, (Y/n). You're kinda quiet but whatever. Don't worry about the hot chocolate, I already paid for them."
"Oh...thank you."

He just smiled before pulling me up. I followed him outside. This shopping centre looked like a city on the inside. Everyone else probably thought this was normal, but it was my first time seeing something like this in person.

"Is this your first time here?" Wangnan asked. I nodded.
"Then I'll show you around. Where do you want to go? Oh wait, this is your first time. Just follow me, I'll make sure to take you to good places."
"T-thank you."
"Don't mention it."

He put his hands inside his pocket before going right. I quickly followed him, being a little too cautious of everything.

'Are you with Wangnan? Tell him to bring you back immediately. It's urgent!' ~Khun

"W-Wangnan, I have to go back. Khun said it's urgent."
"Urgent? Hmm, I wonder what it could be. Okay, I'll take you back."
"(Y/n)! Wangnan!"

Huh? Ran? What was he doing here? Wangnan fell down when Ran jumped over and landed on his head. I quickly helped him up.

"(Y/n), AA told me to come. Someone's targeting you, it's best to move now."
"O-okay."
"Oi! First, you knock me down and now you're saying that blue guy doesn't trust me to protect her by myself?!"
"Calm down, now's not the time to be arguing."

Wangnan sighed before agreeing.

No one's POV

(Y/n) followed the two. They seemed very laid-back but in reality, they were too anxious...anxious about (Y/n)'s life. If she was targeting her, then (Y/n) must be someone very important. Rachel didn't go after people that didn't have any worth.

"Wangnan, watch out!" yelled (Y/n).

She immediately manipulated the shinsu around them and made a barrier to block the incoming attack. The fact that she had to protect her friends was enough to make her push away her fears.

"(Y/n), stand back. I'll deal with these freaks," Ran exclaimed while swallowing the lightning pill.

He shot one of his spears at the giant robot, using almost his full power. To everyone's surprise, the robot was completely undamaged no matter what attacks Ran did.

"How do you like it? It's a new toy that Fug gave me," said Rachel.
"What the hell do you want?" Ran asked with a glare.
"You know exactly what I want. Now hand her over or else I'll release 'it'."
"No way! Go look for some other stupid people who'll work for an idiot like you!" Wangnan yelled.
"Fine then. Suit yourself."

The robot trapped Ran and Wangnan in anti-shinsu chains, preventing them from doing anything. All they had now were their physical abilities, but that would do nothing to the robot.

"Ha! Seeing you struggle is funny. You'd probably need someone at a high ranker's level to beat that monster," exclaimed Rachel.

Suddenly, huge swords were thrown at the two. They had no way to dodge, having to take the attacks instead. (Y/n), fearing for their lives, was unable to do anything because that robot...she recognised the designs on it. They only came from the village where Lesha and Heath were killed...

"S-stop it! You damn psychopath! What did they ever do to you?! Can't you see that they're already unable to fight?! How much longer do you intend to do this?! Huh?!" (Y/n) yelled.
"You're stepping in, finally."
"Let them go! If you keep going, I'll kill you."
"Are you sure you can? Don't you recognise these designs?"
"I..."
"Hmm, I thought so. Take her away."

Two men grabbed onto her arms and dragged her away into the darkness. Ran and Wangnan could only watch helplessly as (Y/n) was teleported away.