Chapter 9

"So how was it?" Dylan asked rubbing his fingers up and down my arm as we cuddled up watching Friends. "Amazing, but it would be better with you," I smiled and turned on my stomach so I was almost laying on him. He put his hand on the small of my back and I reached up to kiss him. "I love you," he smiled. I grinned and sat up. Dylan sat up too and kissed me. We started kissing more and he pulled me down so I was laying on top of him. Soon enough we were full on making out and he moved me up. His hand rested on my butt and his door opened. I jumped off of him and he sat up rolling his eyes. "Hi Lindsey," his mom cleared her throat awkwardly. "Hi Mrs. Mitchell," I smiled and waved. "What's up mom?" Dylan asked putting his hand on my knee. "Well first, door open. You know that Dylan," she said sternly. "Yeah whatever mom. Anything else?" he asked. "Surgery is in two weeks," she informed him. He groaned and I furrowed my brows. "Surgery?" I asked as his mom walked away. "My knee is apparently more screwed up than we thought," he ran his fingers through his hair. "We should rent a hotel room for a weekend," he pulled me closer onto his lap. "For what?" I laughed. "Well we can't get alone time here and we can't go to your house," he half smiled. I smiled and kissed him. "Maybe that's a sign," I winked. "A very bad sign," he laughed and I laughed too. I put my arms around his neck and kissed him. "Dylan," his mom said. Dylan pulled away and looked at me in the eyes. "What mother?" He asked rolling his eyes. "Be careful," she raised her eyebrows. "Mom," he groaned and lay back. I laughed and got up from his lap. "Dinner in ten," she told us and walked downstairs. "I can't wait until I'm old enough to move out of here," He rolled his eyes. "Dylan," I made a pouty face. "She's so annoying," he whisper yelled. I tilted my head and put my hand on his cheek. "Valentine's Day is in a few weeks," Dylan smiled. "Yes it is. Are we getting each other stuff?" I asked. He nodded and smiled. "I really don't want this surgery," he laughed. "What's wrong with your knee?" I asked. "I don't know. Some doctor thing," he smiled at me and I laughed. "Two weeks from today is February 3rd," I said checking my phone. "Can you come to the hospital after my surgery?" Dylan said looking down. "If you want me there I will be there," I grabbed his hand. He kissed my hand and his mom called us downstairs.

"Thank you so much for dinner," I smiled and got up to put my plate in the sink. "Anytime Lindsey," his mom grinned. There was a knock on the door and Karen excused herself to get the door. Dylan ran over to me and put his hands on my hips. He smiled at me and put his face in the crook of my neck. "Dylan," I giggled. "You are beautiful and I love you," he looked me in the eyes. I grinned and kissed him. "Dude, this is what your room is for," a voice came from behind Dylan. "Don't encourage him Kyle," Karen walked in and Dylan turned around. "Yo Kyle," Dylan smiled and hugged the red head. "Lindsey come here," Dylan stuck his hand out. "This is my older brother Kyle. Kyle this is my girlfriend. Her name is Lindsey," Dylan smiled snaking his arm around my waist. "It's nice to meet you," I smiled and Kyle nodded. "Same here. I've heard great things about you," Kyle said hitting Dylan's arm. "How long are you here for?" Dylan asked as the boys walked into the living room. "Do you need help cleaning Karen?" I turned to her as she washed the dishes. "No it's okay Lindsey. Thank you," she smiled and I nodded. I walked into the living room and sat behind Dylan. He smiled and rested his hand on my leg. "So how's college?" Dylan asked his brother. They talked about a bunch of things and my phone buzzed.

From: Taylor Braungardt

Your hard drive with your videos was in my suitcase. Do you want me to get Tanner todrop it off?

To: Taylor Braungardt

I'll come pick it up. I'm gonna be leaving Dylan's soon.

I locked my phone and shifted. "Are you okay babe?" Dylan asked. "I think I'm gonna head home soon," I smiled and nodded. "Okay. You can take my car and then you can bring it tomorrow and I'll drive you home then," He rubbed my knee with his thumb. "You sure?" I asked. "I trust you," he kissed me. "Okay. I need to stop at Tanner's and I'll text you when I get home," I got up and kissed his lips. "Okay. I love you," he smiled. "I love you too. It was nice meeting you Kyle," I waved and grabbed Dylan's car keys. I got in the car and put on my country station. I made my way to Tanner's and ran my fingers through my hair. Soon enough I pulled up to Tanner's house and bit the inside of my cheek. After a few minutes of waiting I got out of the car and walked in the front door. "Rose! Luna!" I smiled and pet them for a few minutes. "Hi Linds," Tristan waved and I stood up. "Hey Tris," I smiled and ran up to him. "Tanner is sleeping," He laughed. "Taylor has my hard drive," I told him. "She's upstairs," He jerked his head towards the stairs. I nodded and started up the stairs. Taylor opened her door and I smiled. "Hey. Here you go," she grinned and handed me the drive. "Thank you. You are a life saver," I laughed and hugged her. "Tanner is sleeping, but do you want to watch a movie in the movie room?" Taylor asked. I shrugged and we walked downstairs. Taylor and I made popcorn and started a movie. "I smell popcorn," Quentin groaned coming out of Tanner's room and plopping next to me. "Quincy," I smiled cheekily. "Lizzy," he smiled and hugged me. "You two have weird nicknames for each other," Taylor laughed.