Chapter 11

I grabbed my luggage after stepping off the plane. "Have a nice day," the security guard smiled at me. I nodded and walked outside. It was much warmer in Cali than in Kansas so I made a mental note to change when I got to wherever I was going. "Lindsey," I heard a familiar voice. I turned my head and saw Tanner Fox standing by his GTR. I smiled and walked over to give him a hug. "I told Dylan," I looked up at him. "Aw Linds. I'm so sorry," he hugged me tighter and rubbed my back. "Tanner Fox!" Someone yelled and ran over. "Is this your girlfriend?" They asked. "No this is my best friend, Lindsey," he smiled and took a picture with the fan. We got into Tanner's GTR and drove back to his house. "I can find a house or a hotel," I told him as we pulled in the driveway. "You can stay here Linds. It isn't a big deal," he smiled at me. I thanked him and we walked inside. "Ronda!" Tanner yelled. His mom walked in and smiled at me. "Welcome back Lindsey. Tanner told me you'd be staying here for a little," She hugged me. I hugged back and thanked her as well.

"Lindsey, I'm going to my friend Jakes house. You want to come?" Tanner asked grabbing his vlog camera. "Sure. I just need to change. It was colder in Kansas," I laughed. I threw on a crop top and leggings. I also grabbed a bathing suit in case there was a pool. "You ready?" Tanner asked looking up from his phone. I nodded and we walked to his car. "LA traffic sucks," I screamed after sitting there for a half hour. "Lindsey you scared me," Tanner laughed. I laughed too and Tanner's phone rang. "Can you get that?" Tanner asked trying to switch lanes.

(Phone Conversation L. Lindsey J. Jake T. Tanner)

L. Tanner's phone. Who's calling?

J. It's his friend Jake. Who is this?

L. His wife. What's up?

T. Yo Jake

J. Hey Tanner. You almost here?

T. Yeah. I'm getting off now and I'll be there in 15

J. Lit. See you and your wife then.

L. Bye

I hung up and put Tanner's phone down and he laughed. "What?" I turned to him. "My wife," he looked over and I laughed. After a little bit, we pulled into a driveway and a guy ran out of the house. "Yo Tanner," he smiled and bro hugged him. "This is the wife?" He pointed at me. Tanner nodded and the guy looked at me. "That's ashame. Your wife is very beautiful," he said to Tanner and looked back at me. "Thank you," I nodded. "I'm Jake," he stuck his hand out. "Lindsey," I grinned. "Do you do YouTube too?" He asked as we walked into the house. "A little," I shrug. "Tanner come look at these shots I got of the Lambo," Jake waved him over as he sat on his bed. "No way! You have a Lambo? Where is it?" I asked jumping next to him. I leaned my head and arm on his shoulder and he smiled at me. "It's at the shop. I don't know if I'm getting it wrapped yet," he told me. I nodded and he showed me the clips he got. "What's up guys? Today I'm here with Lindsey and Jake. They're looking at a few videos of his car and then I don't know what we are going to do," Tanner pointed the camera at us. I stuck my tongue out and Jake smiled. "I need to post my video and then we can go swimming or something," Jake shrugged. "Did you bring a bathing suit?" He asked looking down at me. I nodded and he smiled. I got changed into my bathing suit and walked outside to where Tanner and Jake were. I noticed Jake was staring at me and I blushed a little bit. I quickly jumped into the pool since I was feeling self-conscious. "This pool is freezing," I shouted and Tanner laughed while swimming over to me. Jake got in the pool and swam over to us. Tanner got out of the pool to check his phone and I started shivering. "You're really that cold?" Jake laughed. I nodded and he opened his arms for a hug. I giggled and swam over to him to give him a hug. "You're warm," I shouted and squeezed him. He laughed and put his arms around me. I looked over at Tanner and he took a picture. I rolled my eyes and he winked. "I think I'm gonna get out," I pulled away from Jake and made my way out of the pool. "Here," Tanner handed me his towel. "Thank you," I shivered. "You alright?" He rubbed my arm. I pursed my lips and nodded. "I know you're lying," he sighed. "It's really hard," I started to tear up. "I know Linds," he wiped my tear away. "We will go home soon and we can watch movies all night," he smiled. "Can we make a pit stop on the way home?" I smiled. "To where?" He furrowed his brows. "The beach," I whispered. He smiled and nodded. Tanner got back in the pool and I cuddled into my towel.

Tanner Fox's POV

As I walked back into the pool, I looked over at Lindsey as she hugged herself to warm up. Jake was looking at her and then looked at me. "Dude," I whispered. "What?" He asked. "Lindsey just broke up with her boyfriend that she was head over heels for. They got into a huge fight and she came here to get her mind off it. Now is not the time to be going after her," I explained to Jake. "Oh damn," Jake ran his fingers through his hair. "She's going through a tough time and all she needs is friends," I told him. He nodded and sighed. "Thanks bro," he half smiled at me. I could tell by the way he looked at Lindsey that he liked her, but she doesn't need that right now.

Lindsey's POV

I dried my hands off and grabbed my phone. I had 5 messages from Tanner, 4 from Quentin, 2 from Taylor, and 4 missed calls from Tanner.

From: Tan the Man

Come over! I'm bored!

From: Tan the Man

Why did Dylan block me on everything?

From: Tan the Man

Oh shit

From: Tan the Man

Where are you? Your mom said you left, but she won't tell me where you went

From: Tan the Man

I'm sorry! This is all my fault! I love you Lindsey. You're my best friend and I'm sorry for everything

I texted him back and kept it short.

To: Tan the Man

I'm not mad at you. I needed a break from Kansas. I don't know how long I'll be gone.

I locked my phone andput it on the table next to me. w��F�|��