Chapter 23

I looked at my phone and saw that Jake hung up on me. I put the phone back in my pocket and walked inside. "Everything okay?" Tanner asked. I sat next to him and put my head on his shoulder. "Jake wants me to meet up with him," I told him. "Okay," he nodded. "Take my car and I'll get my granddad to drive me home," Tanner said handing me the keys. "You sure?" I asked. He nodded and kissed me. "I love you. Text me if you need anything," he whispered in my ear. "I love you too," I whispered back and said goodbye to everyone else. I drove to the place where Tanner takes his Instagram pictures. Jake was leaning against his car and he looked up when he heard the R8. "Hey," He put his phone in his pocket. "Why did you want me to meet you here?" I asked closing the car door. "Because I needed to talk to you alone and I'm in a hotel with Tanner Fox," he told me. "Okay. Talk," I nodded. "I'm sorry for being a jerk to you. I just really liked you and I thought you were coming back to Kansas to get away from me. I thought you were going back to Dylan," Jake confessed. "You don't need to apologize. I already forgave you," I told him. "I know, but I needed to tell you in person," he nodded. "Okay," I nodded. "How's Tanner?" He asked. "Good," I told him. "He's treating you good right? Because if he isn't I might have to fight him," Jake rocked on his heels. "Shut up," I laughed. Jake and I hugged and talked for a little longer. "So I was thinking," Jake bit his lip. "Oh boy," I laughed. "Remember when I asked to teach you how to scooter for a video?" He asked. I nodded and he smiled. "Fine," I laughed. "Yay," he clapped. "I have to take Tanner's car home," I told him. "You can follow," I said getting into the car. I drove to Tanner's with Jake following me. "I have to grab a jacket," I told him. Jake nodded and I walked inside. I quickly ran downstairs and grabbed one of Tanner's hoodies off his bed. "Hi," a girl smiled sitting on Tanner's bed. "Hey," I waved and ran out of the room. I slowly backed up into his room and turned around. "Who are you?" I asked. "I'm Brooke," She smiled and stuck her hand out. "Ok, but who are you?" I asked. Tanner walked out of the bathroom and smiled when he saw me. "Oh! This is my cousin Brooke," Tanner introduced me. "Oh. Your cousin. Right. It's nice to meet you," I smiled and hugged Tanner. "I'm going to the skate park with Jake to film for his video. I'll be back later," I looked up at him. "Okay. Text me babe," he kissed me and I walked out of the house. "Let's go," I jumped into Jake's car. "You good?" He asked. "Yeah," I laughed. "Okay. So I thought after me teaching you how to scooter, we could do a Q&A," Jake told me. "Okay. Sounds good," I nodded and played on my phone. Jake taught me to scooter and I did a few small tricks. "Alright now we are doing a Q&A on this bench in the scooter park," Jake said as Tanner Fox filmed for him. "@jake­_linds_fan asked what happened to Jindsey?" Jake read the question. "Umm I was moving back to Kansas and it was hard," I nodded. "Now she's dating Tanner Braungardt. I'm not even mad," Jake rolled his eyes playfully. "Shut up," I laughed and blushed. "Oh yeah if you didn't know, Lindsey and Tanner are together. They are actually very cute. I was just joking," Jake explained. I nodded and we finished the video. Jake drove me to my house and I decided to go for a walk. I started walking and someone called after me. I turned around and my eyes went wide. "Get away from me," I shouted. "No Lindsey stop," he whispered. "Derek I want nothing to do with you," I yelled. "I changed," He reached for me. I stopped in my tracks and he walked up to me. "I don't believe you," I told him. "Please. I changed for you. Brooke screwed me over and I need to be with you again. You kept me straight. You kept me in a good place," He pleaded. "I'm actually happy for once. You are not messing that up," I said and grabbed my phone. "Lindsey," he said starting to get frustrated. "Goodbye Derek," I choked. I managed to call Tanner without Derek seeing. "God damn it Lindsey," Derek punched the tree. I jumped back and he turned around with anger in his face. "Derek, you can't just come up to me while I'm walking in my own neighborhood and say you want me back. You can't do that," I cried. "I am getting you back. No matter what," he kicked the bench. "Calm down," I shouted. I looked around and no one was around. "We are perfect for each other," Derek screamed and walked towards me. "No we are not," I said slowly.

Tanner's POV

Brooke and I were watching a movie when my phone started to ring. "Who is it?" Brooke asked from the other end of the couch. "Lindsey," I smiled. I answered the phone and said, "hey baby." I furrowed my brows when I heard yelling. "Derek, you can't just come up to me while I'm walking in my own neighborhood and say you want me back. You can't do that," Lindsey cried. As soon as I heard Derek, I jumped up and grabbed my keys. I ran outside still on the phone and hopped into the car. Once I started the car, I put it on speaker and drove to Lindsey's neighborhood. My whole family had tried to talk to me when I was leaving, but I needed to help her. When I tuned into Lindsey's neighborhood, I saw them at the end of the street. I sped down the street and jumped out of the car. "Get away from here Derek," I yelled and ran in front of Lindsey. "Tanner be careful," she whispered. "Move Braungardt," Derek said getting angrier. "No. You leave and we leave. We can forget about this," I told him. "I will make you move," Derek cried. "We don't need to do that," I sighed. The next thing I knew, everything went back. "What the hell is wrong with you," I heard Lindsey yell. "I'm sorry baby," he sobbed. Hearing him call my girl baby hurt so bad. It hurts to know that she used to date him. "Leave now or else I'm calling the cops," she cried. I heard fast footsteps and I assumed he was leaving. "Tanner oh my god," Lindsey whispered. And that was the last thing I remember.