Chapter 9 ✔️

He kept driving and pulled up to the house garage. The three of us got out and I went inside with Dom while Brian made another phone call. The bottle of vodka remained in my hand and was half gone already but I bought another one just in case.

"You need to slow down with the vodka." Dom said, grabbing the second bottle.

"Leave me alone Toretto." I muttered.

This situation is driving me crazy, what the hell just happened tonight? I've been with these people for half a decade and it's like, what the hell? I went against them, they went against me, the people that I'm supposed to trust my life with. What the hell am I supposed to do now? Braga is going to want my head on a platter.

"We're going to protect you." I heard.

"What?" I asked.

"You were thinking out loud there Kay." Brian said.

"Now you're with us and I won't let Braga get anywhere near you." Dom said.

"You can't help me, if Braga wants me he will get me. Nothing is going to stop him." I told him.

"I will, no one is going to touch you." Dom growled.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door and I grabbed my gun. Dom seemed surprised but Brian waved both of us down.

"Knock it off I know who it is." he said.

He opened the door and surprisingly enough Mia walked in, shooting a dirty look in Brian's direction.

"Is this your way of keeping me away from him?" Mia asked.

"You're the only one I could call." Brian answered.

"She's my sister, of course." Mia retorted.

"Hi Mia!" I shouted.

"What did she do?" Mia asked Brian.

"I'm right here and I can hear you, you realize that right?" I asked her.

"Alright then, what did you do?" Mia asked in a scolding tone.

"Hit the bottle, it helps in more than one way you know?"

"Please tell me you didn't . . ."

"Splashed the vodka on the gunshot wound? Why yes, yes I did Mia." I told her.

"You're crazy, let me get a look at you. The bullet's not in there so I'm gonna clean it and stitch it up. It's going to hurt." Mia said.

"I bet you're going to enjoy this." I told her, swigging the little bit that was left.

"Yes, yes I am." she said.

"Can someone get something to eat? I'm starving." I said.

"Yeah, let's get some of that alcohol out of her system please." Mia said.

"Please Mia, this isn't even starting my tolerance level. I've still got a bottle left." I told her, pulling the bottle out of Dom's hand.

"Kaylee don't . . ."

"Leave me alone to drink my vodka. I deserve this." I muttered, going off to a corner of the room.

"What's wrong with . . ." Mia started.

"Leave it Mia, she's going through something right now." Dom said.

"I'm going to go get some food." Brian said, leaving us alone.

In the time it took Brian to go get a few orders of Chinese food I had already finished the second bottle of vodka and was seriously craving a third. I'm still not over everything that happened, how the hell do I get over this. What the hell does this mean right now?