Chapter 15 ✔️

Dom was able to contact Brian and Vince of all people so we were going to meet up in Brazil at Vince's place. We stopped in a few different countries, found places to stay just for a few days and that's how we lived for about three weeks. In Ecuador was the first place that we actually felt comfortable, we spent about 10 days there and that was the last time we were able to contact anyone. We got rid of the phone and started our drive up to Rio.

"Dom, can we stop in Columbia?" I cheekily asked.

"No, are you crazy?"

"Why not?"

"I don't need a repeat of what almost happened in . . ."

"It wasn't my fault." I countered.

"They were part of two rival gangs Kaylee, I don't need that kind of fight forming again." he argued.

"I was just being nice."

"Yeah and they were ready to start a riot, no Columbia for you."

"Whatever, what did Vince tell you the last time you spoke?"

"He was working on something, well he was going to be anyway. A job that some guy he knew brought up to him, he wanted us to be there for it."

"Are we gonna make it in time?"

"You bet."

We switched off driving and sleeping for a few days before we finally made it to Rio. It was pretty early in the morning and Dom was driving when we saw a man walk out of house.

Hell yeah baby, the band is back. As soon as Dom stopped the car I ran out and jumped on Vince, his arms wrapped around my waist to keep both of us from busting our asses.

"Look at you damn it!" he said with his signature smirk.

"Vinnie!!!" I shouted.

"You've packed on a few pounds since the last time I saw you Kiki but you're looking good. The shorts and t-shirt look good on you." he said, making Dom glare at him.

"I'm gonna ignore the fact that you complimented me to mask the fact that you called me fat Vinnie. Dom behave." I ordered.

"What's up man?" Dom said, hugging Vince.

"Brother, what's good." Vince answered.

"Where's Brian and Mia?" I asked.

"Mia and Buster are on the train, they're starting the job."

"That's just fucking great. So much for laying low." I muttered.

"Let's go then, we've got a job to do." Dom said.

"Hop in Vinnie."

"Will you stop calling me that?" he groaned.

"Not at all, I'm making up for lost time." I answered, making both of them laugh.

"It's good to see you Kay, I missed you too." Vince said.

The trip to the meet up site wasn't very bad, just a lot of uneven terrain. The guys knew more of the language than I did so I let them do most if not all of the speaking. Portuguese is similar to spanish in some words but very different in others, so I thought it better to just remain quiet. The guys were surprised to see me, not expecting a female on this side of the job but I knew how to prove my worth and this was nothing different.

I had Dom give me the basics; what we had to do and what we needed to do it. So while the boys talked shop I was loading a few things into our mode of transportation to the train. Together we rode out to the train after Brian gave us the location of the cars we were going to boost.