Chapter 10 ✔️

"When were you gonna . . ."

Before Brian could get a word in Dom grabbed him by his neck and sent him flying. He walked over and grabbed him again, choking him in pure rage.

"Dom stop!" Mia shouted.

"You don't understand." Brian choked out.

"I don't understand?" Dom demanded.

He threw him again, making him fly over the table and land on his back on the ground a few feet away. Dom started throwing punches landing more than a few but Brian is good and he blocked most of them.

"She did it for . . ." Brian started.

"Dom stop! Dom stop it, please stop!" Mia shouted.

Brian managed to lock his legs around Dom's neck making him falter for just a second. Dom picked him up and threw him flat against the ground again, even I had to wince at the impact, it sure as hell sounded like it hurt. Before Dom could land another punch Brian let it all out.

"She did it for you Dom! She did it for you!" he shouted, making everyone sort of freeze.

Mia looked shocked and Dom did as well with a touch of confusion and pain radiating over his face. I didn't know what to feel so I stood silent and waited for the rest of the explanation.

"She came to me to clear your name in exchange for bringing down Braga. She just wanted you to come home. Letty told me that it didn't matter to her that the two of you weren't together anymore, she knew that Kaylee was still around town and she wanted Mia to have her brother back. She just wanted you to come home. I'm sorry Dom! I'm sorry." Brian exclaimed.

All of us were silent, just digesting what Brian said. There was no way that I expected that, she was working with him to take Braga down.

"What else did she say?" Dom asked.

"She told me that she knew that you broke things off with her when you did because you weren't over Kaylee. She knew that you missed your sister and that Mia missed you too. Letty wanted to make things right so that you could come home again. She wanted you to be happy Dom." Brian answered, getting up off of the floor.

"I'm not going to apologize for hitting you." Dom said.

"I didn't expect you to."

"Why didn't she tell me?" Mia asked.

"She didn't want to get anyone else involved, it's probably why she never mentioned Kaylee to me either." Brian answered.

"She didn't know that I was there, I made sure of it." I said, finally adding something to this extremely emotionally exhausting conversation.

"Well that explains it."

"I can't believe that I'm going to say this but we've got to take him down. Fenix killed her, Campos ordered the hit, we've got to do it for her." I said, shaking.

"Hey, are you ok?" Brian asked, going into cop mode quickly.

"I'm going against the people who have been like family for the past few years. No I am not ok, but I have to do this." I answered.

"They were never family." Dom said.

"They were, I can't believe I'm going to be a part of this." I muttered, running my hand through my hair.

"Kay you don't have to . . ."

"We've got to come up with a plan." I said, bringing the shakes just to my hands.

"And I know exactly where to go for help." Brian added.

After about an hour or two of deliberation I liked part of the idea, the other part I was not a big fan of.