Chapter 13 ✔️

Going upstairs as it got darker I went and laid on Dom's bed. Knowing that I was going to fall asleep, it's the only thing that'll help me right now, I went and took a shower. There was a t-shirt of Dom's hanging behind the door and that's what I used as a pajama.

I tossed and turned in my sleep, not managing much sleep as it is. Allowing myself to be talked into staying behind was one of the worst decisions I ever made. The suspense and anxiety is really getting to me so I did the one thing I should have done a long time ago, I called my best friend. This girl has been my best friend since college, with Mia being right up there with her.

She saw me at my worst during my post breakup depression and helped me pull myself together afterwards. She was there for me when my parents passed and I was there for her during the same. She sort of does what I do for a living except for different people here in LA. We meet up whenever I'm in town but I hadn't had a chance yet so I pulled my phone out, ignoring the time and gave her a call.

"What the hell do you want at this time?" she asked groggily.

"Cara . . ." I said, voice trembling.

"Kaylee what's wrong?" she asked, all sleep vanishing from her voice.

I told her everything. All that I had done and all that happened, all about Dom and Brian and Mia not that she likes Dom all that much though but she let me vent. I let it all out, crying and she just stood on the line and listened to me.

"Baby girl do you want me to go to where you are?" she asked.

"It's too far and I don't want you driving around at . . . shit, 4am. I'm sorry."

"Don't you be sorry. Damn, how can so much happen in just a matter of weeks? I saw you a few weeks ago." she said.

"I don't know C."

"Are you sure about this Dom guy?"

"Absolutely, it might be the dumbest thing ever but I'm very sure. I love him and I always have."

"I know that much, I just wish there was something more I could do for you."

"Just hearing you is doing good enough. I don't know why I didn't call you sooner."

"Or earlier but I digress, I don't care what time it is. I'll always be there for you."

"Thank you Cara, I don't know what I would do if something happened to him. I just got him back and decided to let it happen for me to lose him already. Who would've thought that Braga would bring Dom and I together again?"

"You need to breathe, have you had any attacks lately?"

"A bad one a few days ago but I was with Mia and she got me my pill quickly."

"Take care of yourself, you know what the doctor said."

"I'll be fine, I won't have another breakdown. I was in college for christ's sake. Why would you hold that against me?"

"Because it scared the shit out of me." she argued.

"I'll be fine, I'm working on it anyway."

"Go to sleep, your head is empty now and you can calm down. Call me and let me know what happens tomorrow." she ordered.

"Thank you Cara, for everything."

"Forever." she said, making me laugh.

"Forever." I repeated, before hanging up.

Laying back down I can't deny that I felt a little bit better, lighter than before and it's just because of Cara. It's been a tough . . . holy shit, it's only been like a week and a half. The week and a half that threw everything into a chaotic mess but I wouldn't change anything. With that thought in mind I managed to fall asleep, finally at around 4:30 am.