Chapter 20 ✔️

My anger was growing to epic levels and I know that to a certain extent I'm overreacting but he pissed me off and hurt me. After everything that's happened, everything that we've been through, I can't believe that he'd doubt or accuse me that way.

"Kaylee."

"You really shouldn't be here."

"That's not your car, what happened last night?"

"Nothing."

"Then where is your car?"

"Somewhere safe, don't worry."

"I am worried damn it! You just disappeared last night, for hours! Then when you finally come back you're in a different car and you've got a ball cap on that you didn't leave with.Where did you go Kaylee? Who were you with? Someone could've followed you back!" he demanded.

"What? You wanna accuse me of something else while you're at it Dom? I'm not stupid enough to allow someone to follow me and that's the exact reason I switched cars to begin with."

"Where were you Kay?"

"I went for a damn drive! I had to get out of here!"

"Where did you go? We had an argument and you just left, you didn't let me say anything . . ."

"You said enough, more than enough Dom." I interrupted.

"I . . ."

"I can't believe that after everything that's happened you would - you could doubt me like that."

"He watches you and I've seen you looking at him."

"Here we go again, you're unbelievable." I said.

"How am I unbelievable?"

"You want me to leave? Will that make you feel better?"

"No, of course not."

"I'm not going to stop talking or working with him because you're unsure. The one thing that will change is where I sleep from now on. There is nothing going on with Tej and there never will be, just like there is nothing going on between you and I. The fact that you could possibly doubt me after everything we've been through is extremely unbelievable." I told him before barrelling by him.

"Come on." Cara said as soon as she saw me.

I let her pull me into her room before letting the pain finally consume me. I laid on her bed and the tears just poured out, I couldn't stop them and didn't want to either. A pair of hands caressed my hair an after a few seconds a second pair appeared.

This is all my fault, I knew better than to get involved with him and here I am again. Mistake, that's what this is, getting involved with him was a mistake. The girls just let me cry for who knows how long, the anger that I was holding onto for dear life turned into pain. The exact thing that I was trying to avoid.

"You wanna tell us what happened?" Cara asked after almost twenty minutes of me crying.

"I . . . made a . . . mistake." I sobbed.

"How so?" she asked.

"Getting . . . back with him . . . was a . . . mistake."

"No it wasn't, everyone goes through rough patches." Mia said softly, making Cara growl at her.

"Decide who's side your on. What happened sweetie?" Cara asked me after biting out the comment at Mia.

"Dom . . . he thinks . . . I've got . . . something going on . . . with Tej." I managed to say between tears and breathlessness.