Locked Away

Cassandra 💕

Cassandra 💕

Two years four months and three days since I've seen my beloved love of my life and it's tearing me apart. I keep tabs on him everyday to make sure he's okay and not harmed while serving his time. We are high school sweethearts that made it through college without seeing each other for four years. The only thing we could communicate and see each other was skype. We made it without anything or anyone getting in between our relationship. One night when we were making love the cops showed up and arrested him saying he was doing drugs. Keith denied it but said he did smoke weed when in college and was getting it from a drug dealer sneaking it onto campus.

I told Keith I could bail him out but he said he didn't want to. He said he wants to pay his time and learn from his mistakes. So that would be another three years without him. Only difference is the only way I could see was if I was to drive seven miles to the prison he's at for a five minute visit. He's written to me every chance he gets with the money he gets to buy paper and pencils at commissary. I've kept them at my job and in my purse. I even took pictures just incase. I was getting ready to run errands exiting my house seeing the mailman at my mailbox. He saw me and smiled going up to me to hand it to me personally instead. "You should already know who's it from since it's the only time I come to your house Ms.Parker." I heard that southern Louisiana accent in his voice.

I thankfully took it waving goodbye once he left. I opened it as if I was a kid on Christmas day waiting for what sweet things he has to tell me.

Dear my sweet Cassandra,

It's been awhile since I wrote to you and I'm very sorry to keep you waiting. I know you love hearing the beautiful things I have lined up in my head to say and call you but I love to tell you in person when you visit me. It's becoming lonely everyday that I'm without you and I'm really gonna stop hanging around guys after I get out for sometime. I'm really tired of seeing this dudes dicks everyday when we take showers. I've seen what they do in here, it's real when you drop the soap baby not like I've ever done it but a rookie a new boy, that came last week did and it was traumatizing. If only I could come home to my lovely girlfriend and take a proper shower I would feel more safe more protected.

I'm glad to hear the things your doing to keep yourself busy while I'm in here. It's good to have you as my loyal partner in crime to go on with life. I promise when I get out I won't be getting into anymore trouble for our future sake.

With love, K.P

I smiled reading the words off the paper. I haven't seen him since he got in and I wish I could but it's just a long drive just to see him for just five minutes. I've told him the reason over the phone and he totally understood. I put the note in my purse taking out my keys to my car. I get to my destination which was the radio station where I had an interview for my clothing line dropping. I get to the station hearing my heels clink on the cement road. "So I'm sitting here with the popular Cassandra Parker to talk about her clothing line 'TooTempted'. But first I want to start off with asking, hows life?" The radio host, CeCe asked me. I adjusted my headphones bringing the mic closer towards me. "Life's been great, just got finished seeing my mom in her new home I bought her and I'm just enjoying my youth while I still can." I smiled keeping it professional.