Glory

1963

Welcome to the story we call Victory

"Cmon Y/N or we're gonna miss it!" Her best friend since childhood yelled from downstairs. Upstairs was Y/N and her mom helping her fix her dress. "Give us one more second Keith!" Y/N yelled back to him. Keith groaned once he heard his answer going to the couch. "Y/N listen I know you and your friends think this is exciting and fun but you have to be careful. We are doing this for equality and jobs we wouldn't be risking our lives to the whites if this wasn't what we wasn't fighting for. Now you might get arrested but that's okay be safe and please look out for each other." Her mother held her both of her cheeks with her hands looking in her eyes with seriousness and worry.

"I will mama I promise." Y/N said, nodding her head. They hug each other tight as if this is the last time their gonna see each other. They started to walk downstairs to see Keith waiting with a inpatient look. "Cmon Algee and the rest are waiting." Keith grabbed her hand walking out the door seeing all the neighborhood walking to a big crowd that was growing by the second. They jogged saying excuse me as they crossed by many people. Keith was following the hand that was waving at the front of the crowd knowing it was their friend Algee. They finally get to the rest seeing Y/N's friends from school talking until they seen her.

"Bout time you guys came I was about to stop the damn march." Algee and Keith dapped each other laughing. "Well if you wasn't so short maybe I would've saw you." Keith snickered. "I'm pretty sure yo long neck ass could've saw a plane from ten miles so it wasn't hard finding me, giant." Algee and their other friend Woody laughed. "You guys ready?" Y/N asked her friends Rosa and Pamela. "Yea but I'm kinda scared the stuff we saw on Tv with the whites hosing our brothers and sisters down like some animal is terrifying." Rosa said breathing hard.

"Well mama said we need to keep a lookout for each other and that we might get arrested but it's okay because this is for all not just only blacks." Y/N comforts Rosa seeing that she calmed down a bit. Y/N looked around at the crowd seeing that it wasn't just blacks but some whites were in the crowd too. She smiled to herself seeing that the future will soon change. "You good Y/N?" Keith asked from behind her. "Yea I'm fine I'm just ready for equality to get here so we wouldn't have to lose anymore lives. I hate seeing anyone die from the hands of another human." Y/N said looking at Keith.

"I mean I lost my dad to this shit Keith it hurts." Y/N started to get emotional. Her father did the march in Selma and it didn't end well. He was beaten to death by a white cop. Martin, himself told her mom what happened and apologized for her lost. It took everything for Y/N to persuade her mom in letting her go since her fathers last dying wish was for his daughter to be able to get a education with whites and doesn't get judge. "Shhhh it's okay your dad is so proud of you I promise. He died but his spirit is in you now, your finishing his legacy babygirl." Keith cooed.

"In fact he's everyone right now we have the courage to do whatever we gotta do to be equal." Algee said hugging her. "And we won't stop until we get what we deserve." Rosa said hugging her too. They got in a group hug bowing their heads. "Lord please give us the strength to fight to the finish and please let their be no harm that comes to our way and we stay safe in you glory in Jesus name we say amen." Keith led in pray after that everyone said amen. Y/N felt lucky she had friends to help comfort her and she won't be going through this alone.

Everyone got in rows holding each other's hands and started to walk forth. Keith, Y/N, Algee, Rosa, Woody, and Pamela were in the second row behind Martin Luther King Jr. standing proud with shoulders back and confidence walking the streets. The neighborhood cheered happily for the people who were in the crowd some still joining as they walked. Hours went by and they finally got to the white side of the city. White people standing their calling them niggers and everything out their names but they kept on marching. Word got around and they were on TV Y/N's mom cheered with the rest of her family seeing them still strong and still untouched.