Can You Feel The Love Tonight

"Hey Keith wait up for me!" I yelled ahead to my neighborhood friend as he ran off to the ice cream truck. My legs were as weak as they come and I was starting to slow down as each step came. I finally stopped watching him chase it down til he finally stood in front and looked at his options.

I seen his young freckle face look down the street at me. "Y/n what you want?!" He asked. At this point I just wanted water so I told him nothing. He gave the man his money and in return he received a spongebob popsicle. He hurried off the wrapping tossing it to the ground as he licked away at his dessert. I waited for him to come down the street so we could walk back to our house since the street lights were coming on.

"Keith will we be friends forever?" I asked. Keith didn't take his eyes off his popsicle nodding his head. "Yea as long as we get your running up to par you could've hold me back." He looked over at me annoyed. I shook my head with a smile on my face thinking of the deal we kinda just made. Keith my best friend.

Years later..

"Can you believe what he did to me Y/n I mean completely ignored me for some waitress bitch." My bestfriend Cori complained to me about yet another unsuccessful date.

"I mean I don't know what you want me to say the dude looked like a fuck boy though the damn screen Cori."

"Well I'm done with niggas I should've listen to city girls or better yet Megan and be on my hot girl summer but noo my fucking pussy wants to be on her Ella Mai shit." She exaggerated as I laughed.

"Did you at least let him hit?" I act like I didn't know what the next answer was.

"Bitch you think I'm crazy I maybe in heat but not just anybody gonna be coming up in here. Not unless he's a certified freak in the sheets." I smiled rolling my eyes at her statement.

I know you must be wondering what had happened to the whole bestfriend with Keith forever thing. As you grow old things changed well for Keith and I it was bad. His dad runs the largest weed company in the US. And since it was legal the government couldn't say shit about it cause he was getting paid. But one day Keith's daddy was out getting groceries like on any Saturday when a black suv pulls up and fires 12 bullets into him. He died on impact. After that things never went back to how they were. Me and his family was close but every since his passing his eldest brother was next in line for the business until Keith was of age.

The only problem was Keith's uncle was a cruel man. The streets called him Phantom because he brought death wherever he went. Keith was once a happy adorable kid but after witnessing his father die in his arms something changed inside him. We started falling out, we went from getting along to one wrong move and we'll snap ones neck and it got worse. Now being teenagers Phantom was losing time in having his mini kingdom before Keith takes it and that's when I never saw him again. Some say he was killed so Phantom could keep the company others said he ran away but all I know is I never got to see my bestfriend again.

I was heartbroken we use to do everything together. I grew to hate him and resent but when I became an adult I started to forgive him and myself. I stayed up at nights wondering where he could be and what he looks like now. He was so young the last I remember. He was starting to look more and more like his dad everyday.

~

I looked against the window looking down at the many cars below. I wonder if I'll ever see Y/n again. I dreamt about her last night about what she could be doing with her life and who she's doing it with. I dreamt she had kids, a son and daughter all looked just like her and had her smile.