Bad For You

I'm a good girl, but I wanna be bad for you 💋✨

I walked the sidewalks of Compton coming back from my college campus that's only a few blocks down from where I lived. Nothing new drug dealers selling to possible buyers, girls working the corner, and homeless people on every block. To say the least I know everybody in my neighborhood and they know my family, more so of my dads reputation. Biggest drug lord in Compton and yet I don't see what's so scary about him that everyone sees. He goes to church every Sunday, never seen not one day he never smiled, and he takes care of his own. Something I want in my future husband. I made a stop at the corner story picking up a deli sandwich that I always get half price because my cousin owns the place.

The street lights started to turn on as the neighborhood kids waved goodbye to each other heading into their houses. Now it's time for the adults to be out and about. The drug dealers started to come out the houses that always keeps the neighbors up with the loud music but you'll never see not one person calls the cops. That is, if you want your family alive. Like clockwork I see the ones that works for my dad outside already. They know not to try and mess with me, my dad has a leash on every single one of them that can be tugged if needed. I walked by this dude who I haven't seen around here before but wasn't my business to ask.

That was until I felt something hit my ass and my whole world stopped. I turned around and saw the dude smirking still talking to a guy near a fence. "What the hell dude!" I pushed against his chest still seeing that smirk and smile on his face. He thought this was a game. "Don't act like you didn't like it shawty." The look in his eyes disgusted me making my skin crawl just thinking about what he meant. His hands crawled behind my back bring me closer to him. Trying to get away from him cause his breath smelled like weed, either he was high or he knows what he's doing. "Watch where yo hands goin' unless you still want em'." I heard from behind and looked back to see five guys that were overcrowding the sidewalks. The one in the front I knew too well to be Keith. He looked at me and raised his shirt up showing a gun sitting comfortably in his pants so did the others too.

"Get ya hands off her bro." Keith reached his hand out looking at the guy. I looked up at the guy and his jaw clenched removing his hands from my body putting them up in the air. I walked over to Keith taking his hand as that arm wrapped around my shoulders turning around walking back. "All that for a bitch." The guy sucked his teeth hearing him turn his heel and I looked up at Keith clenching his jaw. He pulled up his shirt drawing his gun aiming at the guy. I heard the sound of a bang looking back I seen the guy there holding his leg limping into the house. "Did you just shot him?!" I looked at Keith as if he lost his mind. Not even half of the street lights are on and he's already shooting. Keith looked down at me a smirked, "It's a BB gun, you know I'm not that stupid to be shootin' right now. It's too early anyway." He looked back at the house one more time before continuing our walk to my house.

Before I could even get through the door I seen my dad outside with two of his goons smoking on the porch. The sound of the gate alarmed him and their heads came up to see it was just me and Keith. He put the ash tray on the side of him and put his blunt on it before walking up to me with a smile and open arms. "Hey princess how was school?" He wrapped his big arms around my shoulders and his big arms holding to the back of my head hearing the sound of a smooch as he must of kissed the top of my head. "School was school nothing new I guess." He finally let go and I gripped tighter to my handbag. I was feeling the awkwardness between Keith and my dad and I just felt so in the middle of it.

My dad doesn't know that me and Keith are talking but I think he's getting suspicious since I haven't had a boyfriend in three years and I've been seeming pretty happy and glowing as if I was in a relationship again. My dad looked past me seeing Keith still there with his hands in his hoodie. "What you still doin' here?! Go and handle my shit." My dad brushed him off and I looked back at him to see Keith still there but he looked at me and his face softened. Since his jaw must of been clenching from embarrassment. "Ight bet, bye Y/N." Keith winked at me before turning his heel and walking off our lawn. I sighed from adoring him and daydreaming for a sec turning around jumping a bit from my dads tough face expression with his arms crossed.