One Last Time

December 21, 2012

Our eyes stayed glued to the TV watching the chaos form. A time to be spending it on wrapping gifts and Christmas shopping was the time we all should die. Scientist found a date description that was created around 3114 BC from the Maya Village. This date reads December 21, 2012, a beginning of a new era or the end of the world. Many people speculated that it was just a hoax and there's no real threat coming our way this year but boy was we wrong. Researchers are saying that the earth will undergo a black hole due to its not non-common for a mass extinction to happen every twenty-six million years. So instead of Christmas shopping for my nieces and nephews I'm buying bibles and praying everyday trying to ease my way through this. Even if I didn't believe it, I couldn't, the signs were already showing. The amount of animals just randomly becoming extinct and the ones that we need the most are the ones that are dying. We need cows for diary products and beef along chickens. They were the first to go in September.

People have been losing their minds starting riots and break ins all around the world instead of being with family. Like come on, what a TV gonna do for you when your dead? Me and my boyfriend of a four years Keith has been very close by since they announce it in July. We've seen many people we hold close to us just disappear either moving away or taking their life. The amount of funerals I've been to since is a huge strain on me. "Hello Los Angeles this is Ashley Brewer here today to give a report on the, situation." I could see in the reporters eyes she was scared and depressed. She needs to be with her family but instead she came to work for the last time. "Today's the day we've been praying the least for and it's happening. China has already signed off from the America army intercom and we're losing Russia next. People are ransacking places starting fires and the police were ordered to spend time with family as for everyone. I am the only one here cause everyone went home but I wanted to give everyone at home something to distract them for the most part."

A tear slipped from her eye as she looked away from the camera and looked back up. I felt so bad for her honestly I did I just wanted to give her a hug as Keith wrapped his arms around me continuing to watch this woman suffer. She touched a mic in her ear and her lip started to quiver. "We just lost Russia and Sweden along with Africa and South Korea, their saying meteors are showing up at Isis and Antarctica. Lightening is striking the sky hitting the ground and-" The tv went black I looked to left seeing Keith holding the remote control with his thumb on the power button. "I don't want our last minutes here watching a woman suffer when I could talk to you." Keith put it on the coffee table and we was just sitting in the dark. The power went off thirty minutes ago.

It was just us and the silence and the dark. I started to think and think until my vision got blurry and I started to bust out crying. I didn't want to leave, I didn't even get married have no kiddos running around calling me mommy I have nothing. Keith wrapped his arms around me as I cried harder into his chest his way of shhing and soothing for me to calm down but how could I? "Keith I c-can't do this I don't wanna leave you." I sniffled grabbing tight to his t-shirt. He changed the position so now I was in his lap still laying in his chest. Keith's head was on top of my head as he rock me slowly. "You are the best thing that ever happen to me Y/N and I know if this is real, we will see each other again but in a better place." Just hearing that escape his mouth made my head hurt and spin. We're so young just 23 and 25 what the hell are we doing talking about a better place? "I remember when we first met I was in a bad place in life and you just smiled and I felt like my bad days would end up being good. We had our rough times as do every relationship and I'm glad we overcame them. I remember when I first told you I love you and made love to you how I love the way my name came out your mouth." He bring my chin up to face him wiping my tear stain face leaving a kiss on my lips.