All The Stars

This maybe the night that my dreams might let me know, All the Stars are closer ⭐️

"I neva  freeze."

I nervously played with my fingers as I made my way to Wakanda. I was the princess of Kenya and it's my duty as a royal, to go to events like tonight and meet future husbands. I don't enjoy having planned marriages for anybody but it's my duty to my people and Africa to keep the royality bloodline alive. I was more nervous about meeting Prince T'Challa. I haven't seen him since I was ten. I had a freak accident when playing with my cousins and T'Challa in the rain at ten.

Lightening struck me causing my hair follicles to turn light-ish gray. To me it was the worst day of my life, the witch doctor said that it's a miracle that I even survived. But as days became months and months became years I started to get powers. They grew stronger with every birthday I had. And today's my 20th birthday and I'm not excited one bit. I decided to be a bit bold for my birthday and cut my hair to shoulder length with bangs. My mom almost had a heart attack and my dad just laughed and rubbed my head like a pet.

"Are you nervous my child?" My father asked putting his hand on my knee trying to stop my leg from moving

"Are you nervous my child?" My father asked putting his hand on my knee trying to stop my leg from moving. I looked at him and smiled, nodding. Me and my father are veeeerrrry close, mostly because we love the same things. "There is nothing to fear Amina you are a beautiful girl I'm sure you will meet someone who will spark your interest." He reassured me. I sighed looking out the window, being reminded of what I'm really going to Wakanda for. I heard the sunsets there are beautiful and I've always wanted to go. I'm happy I'm going but I'm sad I'm going for the wrong reasons. "Papa why must I marry someone I don't know. I want to have a connection with someone and fall in love and marry for the right reason." I stated. "My beautiful daughter, don't you know the story of how me and you mama met?" Papa smiled, hearing that strong accent. "A thousand times." I chuckled, looking down at my lap playing with my dress.

"Then you should know that every royal family has arranged marriage. Once you a born into a royal family you must keep the people and other countries at peace and to do that you must sacrifice for your people. When I met you mother, I thought she was ugly." He started to show his teeth laughing at his statement. I joined him looking over at my mama as she was too focus looking out the window. "That was before and after we got married. But I got to know her and she became the most beautiful woman I had ever met, your mother has a nice personality and cares for Kenya and the rest of the world. When you were born, I thought that it will be a handful to tell you from each other. You guys are literal twins and the kingdom knew it too. You blossom so much Amina, and you will make a great queen and ruler to Kenya." Papa gave me a kiss on the cheek. I took in the compliment silently looking back out the window of the jet getting excited to see Wakanda. Only a few kingdoms know about Wakanda and the reason for them to have to hide in plain sight. My family, of course, are one of those kingdoms.