Searchin

I looked at the petite brown skin girl from across the room. She was about 5'7 dark hair with plump lips and a nice smile. I knew her name, I knew what dorm she stayed in, and I knew her friends too. I'm not on some stalker shit I'm just a very observant person. And because of this gift, I find out about a person very easily from just being quite and looking around my surroundings. She was taking notes as the professor explained the lesson the best to his abilities but I was too focus in my own head to pay attention. From what I've noticed, she doesn't got a man. Good. And it doesn't seem like she looking for one either. Not good. Those type of females are a hard catch, they make themselves seem very hard to get.

I know everyone knows she's like the prettiest girl in the school. Every boy has tried shooting their shot with her and missing terribly. She's seems like a sweetheart always raising awareness to what's going on in the world. When we're having class discussions she's always ears listening to the debates. She stands up for the things she believes in and it's so fucking attractive. I hang with the football players since I did get a scholarship off me being the best at my hometown. But I'm very lowkey and to myself, people only know number 23 running across the fields making touchdowns, bringing home the W's. But no one knows me off field.

I overheard her one day talking to her friends telling them she's starting her own business soon. I'll make sure I'll be the first one in line when it drops. She flips her hair as she fixed her position in her chair continuing to take notes. My silence breaks free when I hear my name called from the middle of the room. The professor looking me dead in my eyes seemingly interested in a answer I was suppose to give to his question. "I think that thanksgiving is based off lies. We were raised to think that pilgrims and Indians all came together for a huge feast and that's what created the holiday. But in reality, Columbus didn't find the land he just made a wrong turn and claimed the land that was already inhabited. He allowed his men to attack the villagers and rape the women and children interbreeding with them as the raped women gave birth to their offsprings. Then decided for three days of feast we give thanks to what? King Philip?! I proposed that every thanksgiving we give a thanks at the dinner table but remember what happened in 1621 for us to be here right now." I claimed.

The professor looked at me wickedly thinking he was gonna catch me off guard with the lesson for today. I never let anyone get in the way of my studies, I don't care if it was a pretty ass girl. I heard small claps coming from across the room looking to my left seeing her with that beautiful smile plastered on her face, clapping for me. I gave her a warm smile back as the professor continued with the lesson.

~

The period was over and I was exhausted. I put my things away in my small backpack and I walked down the steps to the door. I heard a small voice call out to someone and like anyone I turned around to see that dashing smile coming over to me. I stopped in my tracks looking down at her, even though she was tall I still had some height on her. "That little speech you gave was really good." She adjusted her big purse. "Thanks, just telling it how I feel." I felt like needed to be honest especially to a girl like her. "My names Y/n I've seen you play on the field during the season." I already knew that babygirl I felt like saying but that would've came off as creeping. " My names Keith." I stated plainly. "Well Keith, what are you doing later today?" She asked, her eyes twinkled with interest.

"Not doing anything special but some homework." I shrugged. By this time we were walking allowing our feet to take us anywhere it liked. We stopped outside the west building just chatting now. "I know we just met but you seem pretty chill, chiller than any other guy I've ever met so I was wondering since you speak so freely about those type of topics in class that you'll join me at this poetry club tonight. That's if you not swimming in essays?" She hinted making it seem she wanted me to go either or. I smiled, "Sure I ain't that busy I could swing by." She flashed a big smile getting excited. "Yay okay, let's exchange numbers so I could tell you where it's at and where to meet me." Her brown skin shined from the sun showing off that melanin natural glow she had. Her natural hair was in a curly bunch just flowing with the wind.