Long As I Live

Listen to the song with the image 😊

If you can't be with the one you really, truly love 🥀

I'm still looking at the picture of us. That moment in time where I couldn't been any happier. Even a smile fades away and so did our relationship. The paparazzi, social media, drama, girls it was all to much for us to handle. Me and Keith had been together for two years and those two years were the best of my life. To be honest, I don't even remember what happened for us to separate but I wish I could take it all back. Seeing him happy with someone that isn't me is killing me. It's been months and I still cry myself to sleep. Everybody around me talks about Keith and her together and it just makes me miss him more. I have a hard time getting over people I love.

I looked on Instagram cause I still follow him and every place he's at. Ima stalker and I could admit to it I still talk to his mom and siblings and his grandma still thinks I'm best for him. I saw on the shade room a picture of him and her kissing and another with him looking down at her. I could tell by the look on his face that he really likes her. I bit my lip turning my phone off once I heard a knock on the door. I open the door to see my bestfriend Crystal with chocolates and dvds in her hands. I only smiled opening it wider for her to come in, closing the door we walked to the island seeing her set the items down.

"You never cease to pop up don't you?" I teased looking through the movie selections. She put the ice cream in the freezer coming back over to where we was. "I pop at the right times though, come on and put love and basketball on." She snatched the dvds out my hand going to my living room getting on her knees to put the dvd in the DVD player. I grabbed the Hershey's cookies and cream out the plastic bag and the hot cheetos from the top shelf counter in my kitchen before turning off the lights plopping down on the couch. Once the movie was done and the credits were playing it was quiet. We finished our junk food in ten minutes and was just sitting there staring at the screen.

"Did you love him?" I heard her say something I turned to her seeing she was already looking at me. I already knew who she was talking about. "Yes." I looked away brushing the crumbs off my shirt and around my body. I heard her sigh, "How much?" Then I sighed thinking about what word to describe the love I had for that man. "Does it really matter now?" I chuckled getting up to throw away the trash. I heard footsteps follow me into the kitchen. "Why does it not?" My back was facing her as I looked at the white wall getting into my emotions. My shoulders drop as I turned around, "Because it wasn't enough to make him stay." I broke down and I quickly felt arms wrap around me as I fell into the shoulders of Crystal crying for the second time today.

"He's not worth your tears Y/N there's so much out there in this big world." We rocked slowly and I could've sworn a switch turn off inside me. I was tired of people telling me he's not worth it. "That's the thing, I'm tired of people saying my he's not worth my tears. If he wasn't worth it, I wouldn't be crying. You don't know it, but that boy changed my life, changed my world. You'll never know how much he meant to me." Only spilling more of my pain out made me cry harder and my eyesight became blurry. "I keep waiting for Keith to call me. In the middle of the night, crying, to tell me he's sorry. To tell me he made the greatest mistake of his life. I keep telling myself that one day he'll come back, that he'll give me a reason to trust him again." I admitted to what was keeping me up at night.

"I know it's stupid, and I know I'm an idiot for believing that things like that happens outside of fairytales. But as much as my head knows that, my heart still leaves my phone on full volume every night." I sniffled grabbing a tissue blowing my nose. Crystal came behind me as I blew rubbing on my back. I felt better calling out my demons. I went for the fridge taking out the ice cream that Crystal was keeping cold in the freezer. It was napoleon flavored my favorite. I grabbed a giant spoon sticking it into the thick solid milk taking spoon fulls into my mouth just thinking. As I leaned over I realized what I've been doing to myself for the past months. It wasn't healthy of me still wanting a relationship that ended when he walked out the door and started another one.