Laugh

Park Jimin

I looked around my surroundings as the wind gently blew on my face. I'm in the rooftop at the moment. I don't know why my feet brought me here. I looked at the sky. I wonder why that Yoonji girl is always here.

Why is she here? Is she really going to end herself here? Why I feel bothered? Why I feel so uneasy whenever I see her?

I looked at the rooftop's door which is closed.

Will she be here today?

And suddenly the doorknob moved indicating someone will open it.

Shoot!!

I got startled and I panicked. I saw some boxes beside the rooftop's doorway. I hid myself there.

I heard footsteps and I got curious who was it. I got a hunched who it was but I still want to check if I'm correct. And I'm right.

It's Lee Yoonji.

I peeked on what she was doing. I saw her leaning on the balcony. It looks like she's in a deep thought.

What is she thinking?

She looked at the sky and closed her eyes. And I saw that she pulled something on her hoodie's pocket.

What is that?

The sunlight reflects on the thing she was holding. My eyes widened and I hid myself again.

What is that?! Is that a knife? A blade? Will she stab herself? No... No... Will she cut herself?! Crap!! What should I do? Should I go to her? Oh my god... What should I do?!

I was about to look at her again but when I leaned to the box in front of me, it fell and I almost lost my balance. When I thought I avoided falling, I accidentally kicked the boxes behind me and it fell all over me.

The worst is, it is a box of unused books and it hit my head and because of the impact I fell on my butt.

'Ow~...' I was rubbing my head. And I suddenly saw a shadow over me. I looked up and I saw her.

Oh, crap...

She was frowning and looking confused.

'Hi...' I laughed nervously. She gave me an annoyed looked.

'Why are you here?' She asked. I stood up and fixed myself. I looked at her hesitately.

'Umm... I... Uh...' I looked everywhere but her.

'Are you following me?' I snapped my head to looked at her.

'No! No, I'm not!' She glared at me.

'Then what are you doing here?' She asked.

'I... I came first! And I'm not following you!' She's still glaring at me.

'And why are you hiding here?' She asked me. I stopped and blinked multiple times.

Shoot! What will I say?!

I heard her scoffed. I looked at her.

'Nevermind.' She began to walked away.

'Wait!' I called out to her. She stopped and looked over her shoulder. My curiosity got me.

I need to know what is she holding earlier.

'What are you holding earlier?' She turned to her side to looked at me, already know what I'm talking about.

'What are you going to do with that?' I don't know where I got this courage to asked her. I was cautiously looking at her and she was looking at me blankly.

To my surprise, she slowly turned her body to face me and she began to walk slowly towards me. She's looking straight to my eyes. I felt my eyes widened more than it can. And I felt scared, I don't know why.

Oh god. What is she doing? Why is she walking towards me?

I felt like a prey being cornered by a predator. She was just looking blankly at me. And everytime she took a step forward, I step back.

'Should I use it to you?' She asked without any emotions. I froze on my place. She put her hands inside her hoodie's pocket. She's walking slowly towards me.

What is she planning?

I looked cautiously on her hands which is in her pocket. And looked at her eyes.

'Should I?' She was pulling it slowly and suddenly. 'BANG!!' I quickly closed my eyes as I fell on my butt.

And then I heard her walking towards me. I opened my eyes and I saw her bending over and looking at me. She scoffed at me.

'Scared-y cat. Feeling scared about nothing.' Then she walked away again.

I was just looking at her retreating back. When I didn't see her anymore, I released my breath that I didn't know I was holding. I puffed some air to fill my lungs.

I thought I'm going to die.

I slumped myself on the floor and breathe some air. I feel really scared earlier but I feel annoyed now.

What's with that girl?!

*Third Person

Yoonji walked away from the scene. When she's out of his sight, she laughed like there's no tomorrow. Her stomach aches whenever she remembers his epic face. She's really laughing for real.

And suddenly, the image of her parents pops out in her mind. She suddenly stop laughing.

I shouldn't be laughing. I shouldn't be.

She looked down and continued walking.