Breakfast

Park Jimin

As I closed the door, I exhaled the breathe I didn't even noticed I was holding. I went downstairs and followed my mom on the kitchen.

'Mom...' She glanced at me and went back from what's cooking.

'Hmm?' She hummed. I sat on the chair and placed my arms on the table. I rested my chin on my left hand.

'What do you say about her?' I asked. She looked at me. She stopped what she was doing and faced me. She put her hands on her waist.

'Well, she's pretty.' She smiled.

'Aish... Mom! Not that one!' She laughed at me. 'You know, the one I told you before.' I said. She looked at me seriously.

'Well, just be a good friend to her. That's what you want, right?' She said. I just looked at her and she patted my head. She went back from what she was cooking.

We heard footsteps descending from the stairs. I don't know why but I panicked.

I hastily stood up and went to opened the refrigerator. Pretending to look for something. I heard my mom chuckled. I scrunched my nose to her. She just shaked her head. I clenched my jaw.

Aish... What's wrong with me?! Where's your confidence Park Jimin!?

'Umm...' I heard Yoonji, means she's in the kitchen now.

I straight up my back and looked at her. At the same time she looked at me.

'Oh, please sit down. I'm almost finished here.' I heard my mom said and Yoonji bowed at her. 'You too Chim. Join your friend.' I looked at my mom and she just smiled at me.

When I looked at Yoonji, she was looking at the table. Like avoiding any eye contact. I looked at my hands.

I remembered last night. Her words kept repeating on my head.

Did something happen to her? Why is she drinking alone in the middle of the night?

I looked at her again and she's still in the same position.

Why did she said she hate me?

I was in deep thought that's why when she looked to my direction I was caught off guard.

I felt my eyes widen. I averted my eyes from her.

'Do you want coffee?' My mom asked her. I saw her looked at my mom.

'Huh? Ah... Anything will do, Mrs. Park.' Yoonji said.

'Oh please, just call me Aunty. Besides, you're Jimin's friend after all.' My mom pat's my shoulder.

I bit the inside of my mouth.

I noticed that Yoonji stiffens when my mom said she's my friend.

My mom set the food on the table. She gave Yoonji a cup of coffee. I noticed that she put more milk on her coffee.

My mom asked some questions, like how's the food and if she was feeling okay. Well, I'm just listening to me.

As we finished eating and clearing the table. Yoonji bid goodbye.

'Thank you for the breakfast and I'm really sorry for the trouble I caused. This won't happen again.' Yoonji said.

'Oh no. It's okay. It's been a while since the last time Jimin's friend sleep over here. I think they're busy now.' My mom said.

Yoonji just gave her a small smile. She thanked my mom again and went straight on the front door.

My mom nudged my shoulder. I looked at her.

'What are you doing here? Walk her to her home!' She whispered. I frowned at her.

My mom exited from the kitchen and went to the front door where Yoonji is. I followed my mom. I heard Yoonji.

'Uh. It's okay, Mrs. Park. There's no need--' My mom cut her.

'Oh no. It's okay. Jimin's okay with it. Right, Chim?' My mom looked at me.

I looked at both of them.

'Uh... Yeah.' I nodded. My mom beames at me. She gestured for us to go.

We started walking. And I won't lie, as the minutes passed the atmosphere became more awkward.

I was glancing at her and her face was void of any emotion.

Why can't she make some emotion on her face?

I was about to asked her when she suddenly stopped and faced me.

'Ah. Kamjagi--' I thought I'll have a heart attack when she did that.

'Whatever happened yesterday, stays there. Got it?' I just looked at her. I blinked my eyes multiple times.

'Umm--' She cut me again.

'And you don't have to walk me. I can handle myself. Just go back.' She didn't even let me talk and she walked away already.

I stood frozen there. I was left there, looking at her retreating back. I squinted my eyes.

Why did she tell me, she hates me.

[Here's the other.

I'll post another one later.

Thanks for reading!

Please Vote and Comment!

Seokjimin0105☘]