A Not So Welcoming Shower

I'm preparing you now that the next few chapters are going to bring you some feels and tears. Be prepared now.

After my heart to heart with Chuck, I was running late to meet Serena to finish the last-minute details for Blair's shower. Serena and I agreed on a theme of Breakfast at Tiffany's since that is one of Blair's all-time favorite movies. We called in some favors and even got a Tiffany's to give us thousands of empty Tiffany blue boxes as a game for the shower. Serena came up with the great idea that in one of the boxes one lucky person would go home with a Tiffany ring. The cake and decorations were everything we had hoped for. I texted Dan and told him I don't need him to come as my date that I'll be fine tonight and will see him tomorrow. I never wanted to be one of those girls who is sad because she can't get the guy, but here I am moping over Nate Archibald of all people. I know I should get over it, but I was honest when I told Chuck that I never felt that kind of passion except when I kissed Nate. That kind of passion doesn't leave you, it makes you want more and more did I want. I needed that passion more than anything and I can't have it. Distracting myself with decorating for Blair was the only thing I could do.

"Are you sure you're okay E?" I look up from my decorations to see Serena eyeing me.

"Um, I'm fine. Why?"

"Because you've been folding those napkins rather aggressively and they don't need to be folded in the first place." I place the napkin down and Serena comes to my side. "E, I know I haven't been there for you and Blair in a while, but you can tell me anything that's bothering you."

"S, I promise I'll tell you everything, just not today. This is Blair's shower and everything needs to be perfect."

"And it will. You and I make a great team." We step back and admire all of our hard work.

"I promise you S, I'll let you know what's going on."

__________________________________
The moment people arrived we were in utter chaos. We had to keep tabs on Blair and Louis to make sure they didn't arrive too early and we still needed to make sure the cake arrived on time. Finally, it did and it was the most beautiful replication of Tiffany jewelry boxes stacked on top of each other.

"Serena, she's here

"Serena, she's here." We can't help but run to our best friend's side.

"Surprise!" We said together.

"Oh, my gosh! Serena, Ella this is above and beyond anything I ever dreamed of." Blair can't stop hugging us.

"Come on you deserve it." We lead Louis and Blair to the front while Serena and I begin the toast.

"Excuse me?" Serena clinks her glass.

"Can we have everyone's attention, please?" I add.

"I'm not usually one for speeches, but thankfully I have one of my partners in crime to help me." Serena and I squeeze each other's hand. "I just have to say how lucky Ella and I are to have Blair Waldorf as our best friend."