1

HI! Thank you for deciding to read this book. I've worked pretty hard on it, and before I've published it, I've written many parts. I don't plan to lag on any updates.

I want to make a note that there will obviously be sex in the book. It's not very frequent, I guess. I just want you guys to know that I'm not going to give any warnings. Just skip it if you don't want to read about it, alright? I don't think I've seen anyone ever complain about reading smut, but I'm just saying.

There will also be bands in here that you may or may not have heard of before. My intentions are to take smaller, less known artists, and to make them known. There are punk bands, and all sorts of artists. As you come to know the character, Kira, you come to know the artists I mention are a part of her as friends, family, and inspirations.

Thanks so much. I hope you enjoy Permanent Vacation. I've worked hard on it. <3

Kira

Usually, my friends surprises would consist of a different or new movie to watch at one of our apartments, but apparently not this time. They said so. I loved my friends, but sometimes they knew just how to mess with me. I didn't like surprises.

I passed the time by putting the vinyls and CD's in their respected places. I then moved on to organize the music-teaching books that people liked to look through, yet never put back when they found something else.

I worked as a manager at a record shop that sold guitar accessories, buttons, t-shirts, and any album or EP that we could get our hands on. No one was in the store right now, other than the store owner, and my friend, Grace in the back.

Grace played music in her own band, named after her cat. TiLLie. I loved Grace and her personality. She was loving, fun, and talented. Some days, she would go to the recording studio a couple blocks away, and work on the album she planned on releasing soon. When no one was in the shop, she and I would play around on the few instruments she had here.

I've toured with her a couple of times, and I play shows with her here, in town. I would want to be a part of her crew, but I didn't want to just ask. I felt as though if she really wanted me there, she would ask me. We were close friends, but it was different.

The record store had a few guitars hanging on the walls, and a keyboard all behind the counter. "What are your plans for tomorrow? The big 21?" She asks, coming up behind the counter by me. She grabbed her Fender Hellcat Acoustic from the wall and sat on the stool behind the counter and by the register.

"Well, Colin has a lay over before he goes to the UK for tour. I'll probably spend time with him. Then I'll go home and read a book." I yawned. "I don't really do much on birthdays." I say, feeling giddy about the man I've (some what) been dating coming home tomorrow. He was in a band called Deep Sea. He lived on the coast, but came to see me. Just for sex.

"What about alcohol?" She chuckles.

"I've been drinking without an I.D for a while, Grace." I chuckle. She knew that. "And my friends and I are celebrating tonight, since I'm the last one to turn. I have no idea what's up their sleeves. But if we go to a bar or something, I'm sure it wouldn't matter if it's just one day until I'm legally able to drink."

She smiled. "You're probably right. If you have free time, text me and Matt and I will take you out. I mean, after all, I am coming by in the morning." She wanted to have breakfast together, which I was definitely up for. I loved it when she came over. Mainly so we would be somewhere more comfortable than standing in a record store.

I nodded, smiling back. She was a musician, dating a big time British musician. His name is Matt, and he's in the band Bring Me The Horizon. I don't see much of him, because when he's here, he and Grace spend loads of time together. They're very cute together. He was a nice guy, and he takes good care of her. That's all I want for her is to be happy and successful.