11

Kira

Grace came through the door, smiling at me. I hadn't seen her all week because she was out of town with Matt. "Hey." She says. "I see you've been having a fun time with Calum. Has he been treating you right?" I had already told her about how I took care of Calum when he was sick because that was before she left. 

"He always treats me right." I say with amusement. It was school hours, so the store was mostly deserted other than an old tourist couple. Our record store is one of the most recommended places to stop while you're in LA. 

"Does he rub your tummy when you're on your period?" She raises her eyebrows.

"So far, I avoid him the entire week I'm on my period."

"Well, damn. He could really comfort your pain."

"He could, but I don't have the guts to call him. He doesn't get all touchy, I just get moody and I don't want to fight with him. How was your trip to London?"

"It was very good. Matt's mother really loves me, it's always fun to spend time with them. He showed me around London and took me to a record shop there, to prove that we're better. We also spent time with Jordan and his baby. That baby is the cutest thing. Speaking of meeting the families, when are you going to bring Cal to meet yours?"

"I haven't asked him yet. They really want to meet them, but we don't love each other yet, so I don't want to get their hopes up if something goes left. Because if it goes wrong with Cal, I probably won't ever find something that good again."

"I'm sure it will work out, it's not asking him to marry you."

"I know, I know, but still. Anyways, we should practice Good Song because I've forgotten things and we have free time." I say, nodding to the couple who didn't seem like they were going to go anywhere anytime soon. I grab one of the acoustics from the walls, and she grabs hers as we sit on the stools behind the counters. 

We play the song and the couples eyes watch us. I smile as we continue and then switch to another song. "Use Somebody" by Kings Of Leon is what she suggested. We pick what parts we were going to play before taking off and diving in. I hear the door chime, but we continue. "You know that I could use somebody. Someone like you and all you know, and how you speak. Countless lovers under covers as we speak. Oh you know that I could use somebody." I sing, and we harmonize the rest of the song. 

Someone claps and I laugh, looking up to see Calum. "Play another one." He says, enthusiastically. 

"Any requests?" I ask my boyfriend who came in the store unexpectedly. I grab the capo from the drawer. Grace looks at me in question. "Nevermind, I know the perfect one."

I strum my guitar, playing "Pay Raise" by A Will Away. "I'm convinced that my worries have set in a hurry, oh try to keep my name off your list, everybody's playing by their own rules and it's making me feel sick!" I belt the chorus. I look up to see call and Grace smiling at me. Cal has his phone up, doing something. I keep going, not asking any questions.

"Man, my girlfriend is talented." Cal says, giving me a big kiss when I finished. I blushed because I see the old couple standing at the counter and smiling at us. He looks over at them. "Sorry folks, I haven't seen her in a week. Also you saw how talented she is." 

"You're fine, kid." The old lady says with a big smile.

"Are you ready to check out?" I ask them with a smile. They nodded.

"You two are very cute. Young love." the old man says. I check out their vinyls and bag them.

"Thank you so much for coming in. Have a nice day!" I say happily. "Hi baby." I say to Cal leaning in and giving him a big kiss. He looked really good today. He was wearing the long sleeved shirt I wore the night I stayed at his house. He pulls away.