5

So before we start this part here, you should know a few things. The band TiLLie is real, but it's a girl that calls herself TiLLie (in case you didn't know). I don't always use her songs. I like them a lot, hello she's in my story, but yeah. The lyrics in this chapter aren't TiLLie's or Kiras. The song is called Sleep Alone by Waterparks. :) check them out, you might like them.

Kira

A couple days after my birthday, we were broadcasting on Instagram that 5sos would be joining us for an in-store performance on Saturday. As usual, thirty tickets were available, and only that many excess people could come in due to the possibility of reaching maximum capacity. 5sos were coming in today to see what they could do to set up. At least, that's what Calum said.

I had been talking to him here and there. I didn't completely want to get attached, unless he actually wanted me and not just sex. For that reason, I promised myself I wouldn't have sex until at least the third date with a man. I didn't want someone to just use me like the cloth they use to clean up after letting go.

I had been checking inventory, trying to see what we should order, and what we were only selling out of because of clearance. Grace wasn't here. It was just me and a coworker I didn't know anything about except their name. They were at the cash register, and I was in the office. Ace was at my feet, because I needed him today. He loved coming to work with me, because everyone that came in got to pet him. I scratched behind his ears, exhaling a breath of exhaustion.

When I finish the inventory and ordering new things, I grab the guitar from the wall. The time read 2:00 and the band would be there at 3. I didn't exactly understand why they wanted to come in early, when no other band does, but I just assumed it was so they could look at the records. I play a few warm up songs before going to my bag and grabbing the journal Grace got me. I had already written the things I created recently down in it. I cracked the office door, so if there was a commotion I could hear it, but so no one could hear me.

I had a new idea, and I spit it out on the guitar, altering the things that didn't feel right. I wrote it all down, and debated adding lyrics now or not. I didn't see the harm in it.

"You hold me by the heart, and you wear my soul.
Last week showed me I'm scared to be all alone.
I'm selling out to the dream, I'll be cool on my own.

I feel dead and a half, but you're making me laugh.

"You're the lucid, plain view Cupid found.
You're the blueprint to my stupid sounds.
My face feels hot and blue
My hands still count on you to let me down

But if you want, if you want, if you want to
You can call me on my phone, I'll run to you
You won't ever have to sleep alone
You can call me on my phone, I'll come to you
You won't ever have to sleep, sleep, sleep alone ..."

I go through the song multiple times, checking to see if I needed to alter any words or not. Every song takes practice, and a lot of it. I wanted to play it with Grace. I didn't think my voice was as good as hers. She always tells me though, how good I am. I wanted to be more. I also didn't think that I would ever sing in front of other people.

My phone buzzed, and since I was in the office, I checked it. My stomach flipped at the message.

Calum5sos: Your voice is beautiful.

Shit. I looked out the office window, and I saw Calum over, there smiling. I returned the smile, standing up. I close the book, and put my phone in my pocket. I grabbed the guitar, and guided Ace out of the office. "Hi there." I say, shyly. "I didn't know people could hear me if I closed the door."

"People can, but I guarantee they don't mind one bit. Like I said, you have a lovely voice." He states, certain.

"Where are the others?" I asked, looking around, and then back at him. He was wearing simple skinny jeans and a Green Day shirt. He looked really good today.